deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

December 25, 2010

Sugar donut muffins: Xmas style





I love these muffins. They're such a good substitute for donuts (doughnuts?) because they have that same cinnamon-y taste and donutty texture. The receipe is from Bonnie's Bakery, which I followed up to step 7.

Because I baked them for a Christmas Party, I had to Christmas-them-up somehow, and all I had was red food colouring. So I just made up a white sugar/cinnamon mixture (I don't have the measurements, I just did it to taste) and added a bit of food colouring, which was a lot more potent than expected, so I suggest you add it bit by bit until you get a colour you're satisfied with. Then I just dipped the top of the muffin in melted butter and then into the sugar mix.



Tonight I'm making myself potato bake and watching Love, Actually.

Happy Holidays, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I ate the remainder of last night's potato bake this morning and I've got to say it tasted better this morning than when it was fresh out of the oven.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.