deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

January 5, 2011

Penguins, chocolate


Ever since Penguin brought in the Popular Penguins range I've been reading more books, especially classics like Pride and Prejudice, Sherlock Holmes and Tales of the Unexpected (which is amazing, Roald Dahl is a genius). Because they're so cheap, $9.95 each, I don't balk at buying titles I haven't heard much about. Sometimes it backfires and I've now got some awful books on my shelf (The Haunted Hotel was not to my taste) but sometimes it works out for the better. For example:





I hadn't actually head of Picnic at Hanging Rock by Joan Lindsay until I saw it on the shelf at the bookstore. I don't know why, because it's an amazing book; I read it all in a day on the weekend before my final two HSC exams (I could not put it down). It's wonderfully eerie and not to mention well written - those sticky tabs are marking some passages I thought were gorgeous (and trust me, I'm not usually that much of a literary nerd). So if you ever come across it, I definitely recommend that you buy/borrow it. It's a thin little book, so it would make for a nice afternoon on the couch. There's also a film adaptation of it I've been meaning to watch (apparently it's very good).

In other news, my dad brought home a box of my favourite chocolates ever.




2 comments:

  1. want those books... and those chocolates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect combination for chilling out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.