deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

February 19, 2011

More food: Candy and pancakes (again)

I've been quiet (on this blog) lately because I haven't been up to much. Summer's coming to a close and uni's starting at the end of February and I'm kind of glad for it - this extended holiday has been great for relaxation and recuperating after that last traumatic year of high school, but I think I function better when there's work to be done (and when it's colder).

Today I went out with several friends to the Rocks. The original plan was to visit our friend Mel at Luna Park, where she works (cool job right?), but the trains were all messed up due to trackwork and it was too hot to walk over the bridge, so we hung about the Rocks and the markets until everyone came.

I remember visting the Sticky store in the Rocks when I was a kid, but I never found it again (came across one in Bondi Junction but it's closed now). I was actually beginning to think that I'd hallucinated that visit, until we found it again today, in the Rocks centre. The only reason we went into the Rocks centre was that I needed the bathroom. Times like these, I almost believe in fate... We watched them make candy, but didn't buy any because it was quite expensive.





Then we headed to Pancakes on the Rocks. It was nice to see people I hadn't hung out with for a while - WL, Carrie, Tina, plus YY and Mel (who I'd met up with last week).


I had a Vanilla/Chocolate surprise. I have to say, I think I'm sticking to the simple pancake stacks next time. The chocolate pancakes was ridiculously dense and rich - I couldn't finish it all.

In addition to panckes, they serve...

Ribs.


Pizzas.


And yes, how could I forget, chips.

By the way, sorry about the bad phone pictures in this post! I actually had my camera on me but the top two were spontaenous snaps... as for the last few, I really just wanted to dig in and didn't want to go to the bother of unearthing it from my bag!

13 comments:

  1. thank you for the follow, sweetpea! (: oh, i'd love to have those pancakes right now, hehe. my family actually went to Sydney (without me) last year and they got me a pack of Sticky candy! they are so adorable and yummy. :3
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quality of the photographs still remains great even for a camera phone so it's s'all good! That candy looks sweet! (no pun intended ha)

    The chips look so yummy too, you eat great food!

    Katie. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post has MADD me very hungry :)
    Also-love the name of your blog! (I'm also 100% a Gryffindor).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tasha - No problem. I love Sticky candy, I'd buy them by the bag if I were rich ;)

    Katie - I don't think my body is thanking me for the food I eat, though!

    Nicci - Thanks, I'm glad people get the name of my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So. Much. Good. Food.
    Now I'm going to eat, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes! Food! :D

    And I think it's very strange to think that you have summer there, although it's perfectly normal... but me freezing to death, it sounds very lovely over there ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brig - if my blog does nothing but make people want to eat, I'm happy :P

    Marloes - The summer here hasn't been that great, it's been ridiculously hot and sticky weather! I suppose I enjoy winter since ours is pretty mild, but I don't know how I'd deal with freezing temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post made me sooo hungry! Love your header btw dear!
    xx

    p.s.: Last chance to enter my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you :) Those heart lollipops look so cute, hehe. I've wanted to visit AUSTRALIA! London was a very pretty place to visit. I love The Middle by Jimmy Eat World! I used to always play that song on Rockband 2, haha. I've never heard the rest of the songs, but I'll check them out this weekend when I have time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They were so cute, I don't know if I could bear to eat it if I'd bought one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brig - if my blog does nothing but make people want to eat, I'm happy :P

    Marloes - The summer here hasn't been that great, it's been ridiculously hot and sticky weather! I suppose I enjoy winter since ours is pretty mild, but I don't know how I'd deal with freezing temperatures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.