deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

March 10, 2011

Quick post

Well, at the moment I'm almost drowning in work here; I didn't know uni could be so intense! I meant to post this almost a week ago, but I just couldn't find time (I'm really supposed to be working or sleeping at this very moment).

You know those days when you've got a lot to do, but you're feeling kind of down? Well, what I find helps is dressing up in something nice, fixing my hair and makeup (even if I'm not going out that day) and just prancing around the house like that for half an hour or so. Sunday was one of those days, and it perked me up instantly.





Those shoes are from Urban Outfitters; these ones. I'd been wanting a pair of wedges for a while, and I liked the casual look to them. YY, however, was horrified at the concept of the shoes and the fact that I bought them. I suppose they are "ugly", but in a charming sort of way (to me). They are a bit big for me, you might be able to tell, but that's the risk of buying online.

I also read Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote. I got through it in a couple of hours - it's such a lovely book (or novella, I should say), and the three short stories at the end are amazing as well. To be honest, I'd discounted the fact that so many people liked the book, since I'd thought that it was only because of the movie - I was wrong.



I also watched the movie last weekend. Audrey Hepburn was gorgeous in it, but I think the book is definitely better. I suppose the changes made to the original story made sense for audience appeal, but I think the ending of the book was perfect; it was an open kind of ending, but it didn't feel like a cop-out.

Now, I'm off; I'm going to try and return comments, but I don't know if I can get to all of them - sorry if I don't! I'll catch up soon, I promise. Also, excuse any spelling or grammatical errors!

15 comments:

  1. wooow i absolutely love your shoes! i fell in love with them the moment i saw your photo. <3 they look casual and comfortable and oh so perfect. (: and i actually loved reading Breakfast at Tiffany's too!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this book and the movie a lot. Audrey Hepburn is so pretty in it!
    I discovered your blog, when I saw you on my follower's list and I must say I am glad I did. Your blog is really nice full of gorgeous photos of your city, food, and I love your articles about books ( I am such a book nerd :P)
    Keep the good work

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love Truman Capote's book (: I love the film adaptation too because Audrey is just amazing, but always prefer the book. Your shoes are beautiful, you've made me need a pair now! Good luck with your Uni work (: xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that when you feel a bit down its always best to perk yourself up a bit by putting on some fresh clothes, having a bath and a bit of make-up if needs be! It just makes you a lot happier.

    Your shoes aren't ugly at all, they're beautiful. I've been looking for some myself!

    Katie. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shoes are so awesome! And yes -- Breakfast at Tiffany's is gorgeous, both book and movie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never read breakfast at tiffany's before but it's been on my bookshelf for way too long, I think I'll have to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never read breakfast at tiffany's, nor seen it =$ maybe I should haha x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your shoes and the floral print of the jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So jealous that you have a Penguin Classics version on the book! Great photos too - so glad I've found your blog, I've just added it to my bloglovin'!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So jealous that you have a Penguin Classics version on the book! Great photos too - so glad I've found your blog, I've just added it to my bloglovin'!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your shoes and the floral print of the jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never read breakfast at tiffany's before but it's been on my bookshelf for way too long, I think I'll have to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wooow i absolutely love your shoes! i fell in love with them the moment i saw your photo. <3 they look casual and comfortable and oh so perfect. (: and i actually loved reading Breakfast at Tiffany's too!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.