deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

April 15, 2011

Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday, so I'm finally 18! I seriously don't feel like an adult though, and I don't really want to be one either... although I can finally get a debit card from the bank, so I can now shop online to my heart's content! (Or until I run out of money...) Most of my friends had uni during the day yesterday, so we went out for dinner.

YY finished earliest so we hung out at Darling Harbour for a while. Got a macaron each from the Lindt Cafe - it's becoming a tradition (we used to get two each, but they've raised their prices!).




YY.

It was a nice day, but uncomfortably hot in the sun and too chilly in the shade.


One-legged seagull


My shoes, plus patterned stockings that were probably overpriced but I love anyway.


Her shoes.




YY sewed these sequins onto her dress herself. They were being all shiny in the sunlight.

Then Janet came along, bearing a gift - a gorgeous bag that she, Jessy and Canny bought me.





It's probably the classiest thing I now own... so I don't really know what to pair it with (I'll just wear it with everything). It's not a very good picture, I'll probably end up dedicating a post to it later on.

After I managed to round everyone up (YY, Janet, Jenny, Mel, Alice, Jaz, Canny, Jessy, Carrie - in that order) we had dinner at Criniti's, this Italin restaurant in Harbourside. I mainly liked the idea of their metre-long pizza:



Half of it was margherita, half pepperoni. It was pretty good, but, apart from the novelty of the fact that it was a metre long, wasn't that much better than other pizzas.

We had the apple crumble and nutella dessert pizzas after that, but I didn't get any good pictures. In fact, I really need to work on my indoor/low-lighting situation photos because almost all of them came out unfocussed/blurry. Or maybe I should just give in a use flash next time. So I didn't get many good pictures of everyone, unfortunately.


Poor Jasmine was exhausted.



Afterwards, we walked (or I hobbled in my new shoes) back into the CBD for some karaoke, which is always fun (too fun, apparently, because I don't have any pictures of this part).

You guys might have noticed that I changed the layout. The header and colours that go with it are just in place until I get time to make something fancier. I've been studying (or trying to) for an exam I have this monday, it's exhausting! After that I'll be on my Easter break for a week and a half, and I'm looking forward to working on this blog a bit more.

15 comments:

  1. Wow! Happy birthday! I love the photos on your blog. Thanks for the comment on my blog. Following you =)

    xx THE CHEAP

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy belated birthday, love! <3 it sounds like such a fun, wonderful day out with friends, hehe. (: i really, really like your header! i was thinking of making a new one as well but i can't seem to find anything that suits my taste. ): have a lovely weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photographs, so vibrant and sharp! Hope you had a great birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday - I'm glad you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a good day and got quite a few nice presents. I love your photos of the day, especially the seagull (poor little guy!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy birthday! all i can think of are macaroons now..

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy belated! so many lovely photos on your blog, i just followed. who is the bag by? it's beautiful! i can't wait for the post dedicated to it

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy birthday! i'm nearly 23 and still don't feel like an adult ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks guys!
    a - the bag is by french connection :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh that was what's in the bag. :)
    the pizza looked so good. sad that i missed out D:

    lindt macaroons are so tasty. love the peach + pistaccio ones

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds, and looks, like you had a lot of fun. Craving pizza now... x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy late Birthday! :D

    I must agree, the bag is really cute. These are very lovely photos :) (I feel bad for the one-legged seagull!) Poor little guy..

    ReplyDelete
  13. happy bday! yum macarons <3 you take such fab photos, following you now

    xx miss tea & co.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the close up details photos. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! sounds like it was an enjoyable one.

    Helen, X
    areyoudressingupordressingdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.