deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

April 3, 2011

Pretty much about me buying things

Eek, it's been two weeks since my last post! My life has been pretty eventful, but I just haven't been able to set aside the time to update because of all the uni work I've had to do. I also recently got a job, so that'll take away even more free time. I'm hoping I'll magically turn into one of those well-rounded multi-tasking people (we all know a few), but I'm thinking they're not as addicted to the internet as I am.

Last Sunday, I got to shoot with a model, Andrea, which was super fun but harder than I expected. I'm pretty bad at composing full body shots. I haven't been able to go through all the pictures yet, but here are two I like (if you look out, the rest will end up on my flickr eventually:




On Monday, I finished classes pretty early so I met up with YY in the city and went on a mad spending spree. Highlights:

1) We bought lip tars, which we'd been wanting for a while. I got NSFW and I'll probably buy a more orange-red one in the future.



2) (Went went to the Lindt cafe and got a macaron each, but there are no pictures...) She then came with me to buy a laptop (I need moral support when I have to blow large amounts of money). I actually love using it and making notes on it (shock horror!)... when I'm not camwhoring with the webcam, that is.




3) I found the perfect backpack at General Pants. Unfortunately, the zipper broke as soon as I pulled on it the next day, so I had to return it. Oh well, the backpack hunt will continue. Have a picture anyway.



4) I got home quite late at night, very exhausted, my shoulder about to drop off from carrying the laptop, to find my new lens waiting on my table. I used it to take the last few photos, and I'm still trying to get used to it - mainly the fact that I keep forgetting there's no zoom. Some shots I took to try it out:



Another day, another... three cups of tea.

Until next time! (Who knows when that will be, really.) Off to quickly catch up on your posts.

ETA: a shout out to thank Michelle of Daisybutter for featuring me on her blog!

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new job, and beautiful photographs! Really lovely. Those model photographs turned out brilliant, what a stunner!

    Enjoying your blog! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the portraits turned out beautiful! I always struggle so much with taking pictures of people, it's hard! And yay for the new lens, from what I can see it seems amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way your photos turned out, she's gorgeous :)
    Thank you btw, my poster wall took some time as I'm unbelievably lazy, but it was worth it!

    Looking forward to seeing more of your photos :)
    Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lip tar looks so interesting, I have never heard of it despite my makeup junkie ways. ;)

    Love your photos and congrats on the new job.


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete
  5. the photos in this post are absolutely gorgeous! <3 and i want that lip tar, the color is so pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful photos, loving that suede backpack :)




    myblissisthisway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. the model is gorgeous, and the pictures you took of her are amazing! I love them ^^
    And the last two are really nice too. I think that you are gifted, photography comes to you easily

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey, congrats on the photography job (you didn't tell me about this :O) + with the swimming one too. the pictures look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh gorgeous photos! The model is gorgeous too, but your photography is amazing! Congrats on your awesome new laptop! :D

    I love the mug. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "another day, another three cups of tea!" - Love this quote, fits me perfectly! haha

    Your photography skills are amazing, captured the girl very well, pretty lady. Shame about the backpack, I'm sure it was a sign you'll come across something even better, I'm a strong believer in that sort of thang!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just discovered your blog, you have both lovely blog and photography skills :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.