deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

May 22, 2011

Sad Sundays

I always find myself feeling a little down on Sundays - probably a mixture of regret for not having done enough on Saturday and a slight dread of the working week ahead. So I like to put on my favourite clothes of the moment, drive to the mall (since I got my Ps I just love driving everywhere) and pretty much just drown my sorrows in food and buying things (mostly food).


My favourite dress, red cardigan and birthday present bag you might remember from a few posts back. When combined with the shipping from Modcloth, the cost of the dress was monstrous, but I love it so much it was worth it.


Haul from two Sundays ago - coke (I'm addicted to the stuff), blackcurrent licorice and Rainbow Valley (L.M. Montgomery's Anne books have a special place in my heart, they always make me feel better).


From today - big block of dark chocolate Toblerone (didn't even know this existed?).

Other things that cheered me up during the week:


There were more, but they didn't survive long enough for a picture...


My textbooks finally came a month after I ordered them from Amazon. Any other med or science students here? Pharmacology is possibly the bane of my existence so it annoys me that the book stands out so much, haha.


And finally, I found this key in the lock of my closet the other day. I've never seen it before, and I like pretty keys. Mysterious!(Although it's likely that my dad found it somewhere and put it there).


Hope you guys are enjoying/have enjoyed your weekend!

20 comments:

  1. I could imagine that key would look perfect on a gold chain as a pendant. Old keys were so much more creative and intricate than the ones we have today! Also still majorly crushing on that bag. I need some sort of excuse to buy one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the exact same about Sundays. I feel like maybe I didn't really do what I wanted to do (like sleep haha) on Saturday and dread having to wake up early for school the next morning :P haha

    Great pictures!

    x, I

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done exactly that today, shopping and eating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol that's a really kind of sweet (but kind of odd and creepy) story of how your dad may have found the key and put it there. LOL! really random.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always feel very similar about sundays. The weekend just disappears too quickly! Great photos, I love the key!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i would feel the same about sundays too, except I have a day off uni on mondays hehe. i loveee your key and outfit, it's very uplifting xx misstea & co.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i know exactly what you mean about sundays! except i just about devoured a whole bag of party mix starburst lollies instead ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. i looove your outfit! <3 and i'm a self-confessed food addict as well, hehe. (: that key is sooo pretty. i like finding lovely things that surprise me, always makes my day that bit better. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. great photo series! and I never seen a unique key like that one.have a great week :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all of these pictures, but especially the one of the key. It is so darn cute. I would put it on a chain and wear it!

    And I feel the same way about Sundays. I both love them, because they are another day to relax, and dread them because it means the work week is imminent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dark chocolate Toblerone! Oh la la! Oh and the bag looks really nice, sweet contrast. I hope your week is pretty good so far.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never had dark chocolate toblerone! sounds yum.

    the key!! what if it unlocks something amazing... and you discover it :) or unlocks like... a 50 million dollars in a suitcase? wow... you could do so much shopping! you could def buy lots more lovely dress from modcloth :)

    Hope youre having a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yumm - dark chocolate toblerone :) I love that pouch in the first picture! Pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah, every time you post photos of your purse, I like a little bit more! I usually go to the mall on Sundays too if I'm not working >.<

    That's a very cool looking key! You should make it into a necklace :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have just stumbled upon your blog and it is amazing. You're from Sydney too, it's always interesting looking at other people's photography knowing that they are from the same state as you. And I love your outfit!
    - http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have just stumbled upon your blog and it is amazing. You're from Sydney too, it's always interesting looking at other people's photography knowing that they are from the same state as you. And I love your outfit!
    - http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've never had dark chocolate toblerone! sounds yum.

    the key!! what if it unlocks something amazing... and you discover it :) or unlocks like... a 50 million dollars in a suitcase? wow... you could do so much shopping! you could def buy lots more lovely dress from modcloth :)

    Hope youre having a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all of these pictures, but especially the one of the key. It is so darn cute. I would put it on a chain and wear it!

    And I feel the same way about Sundays. I both love them, because they are another day to relax, and dread them because it means the work week is imminent.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I could imagine that key would look perfect on a gold chain as a pendant. Old keys were so much more creative and intricate than the ones we have today! Also still majorly crushing on that bag. I need some sort of excuse to buy one...

    ReplyDelete
  20. i looove your outfit! <3 and i'm a self-confessed food addict as well, hehe. (: that key is sooo pretty. i like finding lovely things that surprise me, always makes my day that bit better. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.