deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

June 25, 2011

Post-exam and an award

Hey all. Sorry about the extended lack of proper updates. I did my exam, and it didn't go quite well - I'm just hoping I managed to pass. It served as a good wake-up call though: uni's harder than I expected and I've got to stop slacking off!

My mother was cleaning and she unearthed a bag of marbles from when I was a kid - I'd totally forgotten about them! I don't remember any of the marble games I played. I really should chuck these things out, but I'm pretty sentimental, which leads to hoarding.



I did my customary post-exam shopping trip in the city, but I didn't have the patience to sort through clothes. So I bought a book instead (continuing on from my current Sherlock Holmes obsession). I really like the cover art for this one. Sometimes I feel guilty for buying so many books instead of borrowing them from the library, but I tell myself that it's an investment (I think one of my friends came up with this), since I generally buy classics.



I've got a few more shifts at work than usual this break, a party or two and a Harry Potter movie date with friends, but apart from those my calendar is blissfully/sadly (depending on how you look at it) pretty empty so far.



Regular readers of this blog would already know my weakness for nice (discounted) chocolate.




The conditions
Link back to the blogger whom had given you the award and thank them / Write 10 interesting facts about yourself / Award four recently discovered blogs that you love / Contact these bloggers and notify them about their achievement

Anita gave me the stylish blogger award. I love going on her blog, it's especially fun because she also lives in Sydney.

10 facts about myself
  1. I'm quite high-strung, and I get easily worried over small things.
  2. I watched the two seasons of Miranda yesterday and today, which leads into the fact that I love British comedy TV/movies.
  3. I'm at university full time but I have a job as a swim teacher, which is probably the best one I've ever had - I love swimming and kids.
  4. I really want to visit London, and Europe in general. I even have a "Europe fund" set up in my bank account. I hope to be able to go sometime this year or next year, and I really want to study for a while somewhere there as well.
  5. I'm a fast food junkie. I eat entirely too much of it. I have developed a liking for salad in the past few months though, which is a good sign!
  6. I'm a Sydneysider who prefers Melbourne over Sydney.
  7. I'm a bit awkward around strangers, but I've learned to laugh at my occasional social hiccups.
  8. I've kept online accounts and sites since I was about 12. I even had one of those doll sites that used to be all the rage! I still love tweaking layouts and such, even though I've forgotten a lot about coding from scratch.
  9. I'm not often seen in public without a headband on.
  10. I've never seen snow. YY and I had tiny, tentative plans to go to the snow this winter break, but we never really got enthusiastic enough to pull it through.

As for recently discovered blogs, it's a bit difficult because I've been too busy to do much discovery of blogs lately! I don't really follow "style" blogs per se so I've just picked blogs that I like. Here they are:

Well this has been rather a hefty post! You might have noticed that I've done up a new layout, hope it's working alright for everyone.

//ETA: I've been having some trouble commenting on some Blogger blogs lately, sometimes it refuses to work. Hopefully this sorts it out soon, so I can comment on your blogs properly!

33 comments:

  1. I love your new layout - and congrats on finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I used to love marbles when I was a kid, I even swallowed one by accident, oops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your attention to detail is so lovely! #8 - I used to have my own 'kawaii' pixel websites for many years. I used to design the layouts and code everything - I loved it! But I don't remember all too much about coding anymore :( My blog is good practise! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stumbled upon your blog and fell in love with your template! Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are too awesome :)

    I'll probably do it today after my homework! I think I want to do it too in my next blog, and you would actually be included it in!

    I'm glad people are still buying books, it's almost as if everyone I know has a Kindle, I prefer the pleasure of having a book. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, I love your new layout. It's so simple and elegant looking. Your job as a swim teacher seems fun, it would be a great part time job. Especially since I love swimming. Have a great holiday c:

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you pass! My first year of school was a bit stressful, so I know how you feel. :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely photos!! that book looks very interesting!! i hope its good <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to be a swim teacher too :) It was such a great job. I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that's awesome that you have a europe fund! you'll love it there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, didn't realise you were a Sydneysider too! And yeah, Melbourne is pretty cool, I have to say.
    Ronnie xo
    (Congrats again on finishing exams - hope you pass too!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can totally relate to #1. I'm a naturally anxious and slightly high-strung person, so I tend to worry a lot over things that no one seems to care about! I'm trying to work on that :)

    So sorry to hear about your exam. It could be the case where you think you didn't do so well, but you really did? Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, I just noticed how freaky it is how those 10 facts actually almost all apply to me too. :O - Marbles are great, I always liked the way the sun got through them if you held them in the light. And yes indeed! Books are an investment! If we just keep saying this it will someday be true, right?

    I hope you passed your exam! It always gives more stress if these things don't work out well.

    Oh, and I like your pen. (how random)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh dear, I'm sure your exam wasn't as bad as you imagined! I remember crying after an exam once and it turned out I'd got a credit instead of a fail! Two whole grades higher haha. Hopefully it'll be the same for you :)

    I used to love marbles when I was in primary school, and I'm now wishing I hadn't turned down 2 kinder buenos for $2 at the supermarket earlier (I thought I was being so smart...haha)

    ReplyDelete
  15. great post… thanks for sharing! by the way… If you are looking for services, you can check out sites that offers services of different niche like yipees.comthat provides easy, and convenient to find needed local services without having to go through huge internet listing services or the Yellow Pages. Please visit http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yipees/155476964489120?ref=ts and click LIKE. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your blog name... I've been on a harry potter fix recently and deluminators are an awesome invention!

    I think it's so commendable that you have a calendar to keep everything tracked--- my mind is so disorganized; i should take a leaf out of your book and get myself a planner!

    Also, I loved marbles as a kid. I never learned how to play with them properly, but I loved looking at them. They are like tiny universes inside!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post! The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes, though? SH obsession, you say? Well, that's the clincher for me! ;)

    We are going to get along just fine. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. i too have a weak spot for chocolate! i literally eat them everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for following me! I'm following you back now :) Just skimming through your blog I can already see we have lots in common. Both Aussies, love Buenos, books and Harry Potter...hehe! I can't wait to read some of your other posts. Congrats on your award x x x

    ashandbelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. aww those marbles just made me so nostalgic. my brother and i used to play allll the time when we were little.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice blog! Congrats on the award!
    xo
    Alexa
    www.theshortandthesweetofit.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm just like that with books myself - it feels like I've bought all the good ones already though!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love kinder bueno as much as you do and i never spotted it with the words "discount" in my country. so be grateful for it hahaha :D

    and I just know you're a swimming teacher, it is just lovely. I love swimming too. interesting fact about yourself and thank you for passing the award to me. I'm honored :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. High five!!! I ADORE Sherlock! He's my most favorite book hero from the childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  25. High five!!! I ADORE Sherlock! He's my most favorite book hero from the childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  26. i too have a weak spot for chocolate! i literally eat them everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your blog name... I've been on a harry potter fix recently and deluminators are an awesome invention!

    I think it's so commendable that you have a calendar to keep everything tracked--- my mind is so disorganized; i should take a leaf out of your book and get myself a planner!

    Also, I loved marbles as a kid. I never learned how to play with them properly, but I loved looking at them. They are like tiny universes inside!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey, didn't realise you were a Sydneysider too! And yeah, Melbourne is pretty cool, I have to say.
    Ronnie xo
    (Congrats again on finishing exams - hope you pass too!)

    ReplyDelete
  29. lovely photos!! that book looks very interesting!! i hope its good <3

    ReplyDelete
  30. I hope you pass! My first year of school was a bit stressful, so I know how you feel. :/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Stumbled upon your blog and fell in love with your template! Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.