deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

July 14, 2011

DIY + roundup

I've been putting together a DIY Harry Potter costume for when we see the last movie at IMAX tomorrow. I had been intending to buy a proper one, but I ran out of time.





I bought the tie for a dollar at a charity shop. It had gold stripes on it, and would've been perfect if there hadn't been writing on it. So I decided to paint over them. I'll show you how it turned out in the next post! I also printed out the crest to pin to my coat and on the tie.



I also bought some food for when we're watching, but relabelled as sweets from the books. You guys probably think I'm insane now. Sneak peek:



So, as for what I've been up to in the last week. I drove YY and Jenny to IKEA on Sunday. I love the food they have there (mainly cause it's cheap).





I made some jam-filled doughnut muffins:



And I also came across one of these things. I loved them when I was little: you put them in this viewer thing and looked in, and you could see the picture story? I'm not sure how to explain it, I don't remember what they were called.



One more sleep to Harry Potter!

11 comments:

  1. I really wish I was your best friend so I could join in with your Harry Potter preparations. AMAZING! <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I wish I was making HP sweet packages! Unfortunately we can't take food/drink from outside of the cinema in to screenings here ): I'm seeing Harry Potter at midnight tonight, so excited! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh! <3 i love how you're so enthusiastic! hehehe i have already watched the movie on tuesday, it is awesome (or really just beyond words). really hope you enjoy it, lovely! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love seeing your posts, they are always different and spark in their own way. I hope you're having a great time watching Harry Potter and it was a really clever idea to buy sweets and label them as the ones from the novel, I would have never thought of that! I'm looking forward to seeing your full outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you seen it yet!? I loved it! Love your tie - very VERY impressive. And such a groovy idea with the sweets. The Asian in me also loves cheap IKEA food - but I gotta say, your photography makes their food look good! :)
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see how your outfit turned out! The movie was so amazing and I can't believe that was the last one!
    In love with your blog and now following :)

    fleeting moments

    ReplyDelete
  7. After reading this, I now want jam-filled doughnuts, Ikea food, a homemade HP costume and that picture viewer thingy (I also have no clue what they're called). Everyone is saying the last HP movie is a knockout. Have fun and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photos are lovely! xx from http://threadbareaffair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see how your outfit turned out! The movie was so amazing and I can't believe that was the last one!
    In love with your blog and now following :)

    fleeting moments

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really wish I was your best friend so I could join in with your Harry Potter preparations. AMAZING! <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.