deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

July 31, 2011

Spending spree

I spent quite a bit of money over the holidays. I'm a tiny bit guilty but that feeling is generally eclipsed by how much I like this stuff.



I ordered four books from Book Depository - way cheaper than Australian book stores and with free shipping as well.
  • Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde - I'd been meaning to read this for a while. I have a weakness for books like these (19th century science-fiction/horror). It was pretty good, but not particularly stand-outish.
  • Cracks by Sheila Kohler - I love the movie starring Eva Green. This was the main reason I wanted to read it, which I bought because I hadn't seen it in any libraries. This would be one of the rare instances where I like the movie better: the plots of both book and film are a bit lacking, but the book was very awkward to read, and not in a good way.
  • The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie - I quite liked this one, I can see how Cracks was inspired by it. The plot was way better, though.
  • Complete short stories of Roald Dahl - What can I say, I love Roald Dahl's short stories, especially the ones with twist endings. He is one of my favourite storytellers.
Anyway, onwards, for those of you who like clothes better!


A sensible button-down from Zara.





Sorry for the terrible pictures of these! Two dresses I picked up at Dangerfield when everything was 20% off. I'd lusted after them for a while but I'd never expected to buy them because I couldn't justify dropping the full price. They look quite bad on my hanger - maybe I'll post pictures of them on me sometime. No promises, though.





Chelsea boots from Wittner I'd had my eye on for a while as well. They went on sale and I had to get them. In my defence, I've been needing better winter shoes (Converse chucks just don't cut it in the rain).

Sorry for the horrid indoor lighting in these pictures. I haven't had the time during the day to take pictures lately, and I didn't want to put it off anymore!

30 comments:

  1. You know what, as soon as I get some money in, rather than buy some clothes or make-up, I am going to buy some more books. I miss books. Good books. You've inspired me! Amazon here I come. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Book Depository has really cheap books compared to Borders. It's a shame because I ordered from Borders a couple of weeks ago, argh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh that red dress!!! you should definitely post outfit photos of you wearing it! :D xx misstea & co.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just checked out book depository.. I know where i'm going to be buying my books from now on haha! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhhhhh, I am jealous! You bought amazing(ly cute) dresses, I love the chelsea boots (!!) and I am in dire need to buy new books... so I think I'll get that Roald Dahl book myself as well! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really like your photos. and really want those black booties :) x

    cocoandgarcon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those dresses look so adorable, especially loving the red one xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Book Depository website! I've ordered loads from there in the past, I think my next purchase will be the Roald Dahl book! Love him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh how i need some new wonderful books to read! i've been missing the smell of new books from within its pages. <3 and speaking of clothes too, i really need some pretty dresses. hopefully i'd get some money from my parents soon! retail therapy, my old friend. ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know what? Your pics look great! Seriously.

    These are some awesome finds you have here. It really makes me want to go on a shopping spree myself (which probably isn't a great idea for me right now!).

    ReplyDelete
  11. oOOoOhHH the blue one looks purdy!

    Your pictures are awesome!
    I am your newest follower! hope you can follow me back

    click me

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute purchases! I love the boots especially!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wittner sells great shoes. The end.
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous finds woman!!! And those books sounds good too. I'm an avid reader so I'm always on the hunt for a new book to read! I've already written them down! Love your blog, so happy I've found you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. so much love for roald dahl!! and those chelsea boots look perfect (:

    http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dr jekyll and awesome stuffs you got there! I love the red dress and your shoes is just to die for :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your photos are lovely. i love books too, i've been reading some good books lately. Whose your favorite author?

    ReplyDelete
  18. So many beautiful things! love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  19. such a lovely combination of nice threads and a good read- great post x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I also love buying books.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well I think the stuff sounds great! I have also bought some books in this vacation. But those boots are so amazing, I really like them :-)
    Your blog is great btw, I really like it!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. such a great things you bought, so don't feel guilty, dear :)
    btw, i'm in love with these first two photos!

    xxx
    Daria

    ReplyDelete
  23. great shoes <33

    xoxo,
    Rebecca
    http://rebeccaclch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. That red dress with the peter pan collar is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  25. gorgeous dresses! nice blog.

    neonrosefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ooh, I really liked Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde when I read it, you'll have to let us know how you get on with it :) I actually spend way too much money on books, so I kind of get your dilemma!
    Those boots are lovely, though - a great investment, no need to feel guilty :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Shopping sprees are the best. I adore that red dress! It's so whimsical and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  28. That red dress is so adorable! And haha, I have a thing for keeping cute little boxes that you really can't put much in too.

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.