deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

July 9, 2011

Tuesday*

* Yes, I have actually run out of descriptive titles.

On Tuesday afternoon/evening I did an unintentional food safari of (almost) all of the CBD. I find that this eating all over the place has been happening more often lately, and I'm not sorry for it (although it does make for increasingly repetitive blogs about food).

So I started the afternoon off by meeting YY and WL in the city. WL mentioned a place in the Westfield Sydney food court that had truffle oil fries. Truffle oil fries. So obviously, we had to have that for afternoon tea.


WL and her flask-like water bottle.



Turns out that they were parmesan and truffle oil fries. They were quite nice, but I really didn't taste any difference between those and normal chips... they were just a bit cheesier. I wouldn't spend $8 (that's right, $8) on them again.

Afterwards, we shopped for an hour or two until WL had to go. Ever since I started online shopping, I don't really have the patience for shopping in actual stores anymore, so I didn't buy anything.

When WL left, YY and I made our way to Star Bar. I had a caesar salad. I love caesar salads. The only kind of salad I eat, really.



And, as always, we somehow ended up at the Lindt cafe, eating macarons.




Ferris wheel in Darling Harbour.



I was hoping I'd be able to blog more these holidays but things have been getting in the way! In other news, I'm both dreading and excited for the new Harry Potter movie. For the first time in a while, I'm not actually going to go and see it on the day it comes out - we got IMAX tickets for the Friday. I'm going to be so depressed when it ends!

21 comments:

  1. love that ferris wheel photo - pretty :)

    and i feel exactly the same way about HP7.2 - i'm going to see it on friday night, and i'm SO SO excited to see it, but i'm so VERY devastated it's the last one :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely photographs, the food looks so delicious. i want that caesar salad! <3 and oh, i think all of us HP lovers feel the same way about this last movie.! ): did you by any chance watch the live stream/videos of the premiere? i teared up a bunch! hopefully, i'd be able to go watch it on tuesday night, sigh. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some nice pictures of the delicious food ! :P I always find myself at the lindt cafe as well, such a bad habit lolz! I also feel the same about Harry Potter :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I could stare at the gif all day haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those fries look yummeh! and i have YET to try a macaroon):

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really the direction your blog is taking, half food + half photography :) The shot of the ferris wheel is amazing.

    I'm not a big HP fan but I do want to watch the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahw, yes.. Harry Potter! I still haven't got my tickets! I just don't want it to end! :(

    I think I should agree with you there, when talking about repetitive blogs about food. Looking back it seems like it's all I ever do! But, fear not... I quite enjoy your food-blogs (and photos!) I wish we had a Lindt café around here...

    ReplyDelete
  8. where's the water flash from? i love it! i'm going to say the same and agree with you. i don't enjoy "real life" shopping as much anymore. i've become too lazy to shift through racks. and it's just so much easier to compare and look at prices online! i always hated searching for the price tag.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much good food :') Your friend's water bottle is amazing and I love the Ferris Wheel photograph. Oh gosh, I'm so excited/emotional about HP 7.2, I'm seeing it at midnight on 15th July and I'm going to be a sobbing mess, I can just imagine it already...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw. Darling Harbour. I was there just today. Except my photos didn't look as nice as yours. I've never been to the Lindt Cafe, I should sometime though :3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful! Great photos!
    That caesar salads made me salivate and that ferries wheel made me excited! Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these shots! I'm a Ceasar salad girl myself. I love it when the lettuce is super crunchy, the dressing covers every leaf and there's an abundance of Parm cheese shavings. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning photographs and gosh $8 does seem a lot for fries, I remember paying £4-5ish which works out the same (I think) at a festival for just normal fries... not good but I had to eat :P

    Thanks for your comment, I feel totally the same! I'd feel very self consious, it would be like people accessing my thoughts. Thanks for your reply, means a lot! :) Enjoy seeing harry potter also!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I seriously need to go out and just eat everythinggg. Work sucks! Lovely pictures, love ferris wheels. xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that ferris wheel photo. I saw HP last night and it was SO GOOD. I know what you mean though, so sad it's all over. Will have to just keep rereading the books!
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. those chips look devine. not sure whether I'd pay that amount of money for them!

    Plus I still need to try macaroons....!!

    Julia @ Retro Jules

    ReplyDelete
  17. I seriously need to go out and just eat everythinggg. Work sucks! Lovely pictures, love ferris wheels. xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that ferris wheel photo. I saw HP last night and it was SO GOOD. I know what you mean though, so sad it's all over. Will have to just keep rereading the books!
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Some nice pictures of the delicious food ! :P I always find myself at the lindt cafe as well, such a bad habit lolz! I also feel the same about Harry Potter :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. lovely photographs, the food looks so delicious. i want that caesar salad! <3 and oh, i think all of us HP lovers feel the same way about this last movie.! ): did you by any chance watch the live stream/videos of the premiere? i teared up a bunch! hopefully, i'd be able to go watch it on tuesday night, sigh. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.