deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

August 21, 2011

Belgian beer cafe

On Wednesday evening, WL, Jenny, YY, Carrie and I went to the Belgian Beer Cafe (at The Rocks) for WL's birthday. Not many photos, because the lighting was very low and everything ended up blurry (I hate that).

Birthday girl.


One of YY's favourite beers, I'm not much of a drinker but I got one anyway. Partly because it's called Hoegaarden.

YY and her beer.

I got a chicken schnitzel with chips and a salad. It was pretty good, except it was massive, so it got a bit much towards the end.

We then ended the night standing in rain-soaked Martin Place and reading the newsreel on the Channel 7 studios. Exciting.

Don't know if it's noticeable, but new posting format! (Larger images, ditched the centered text, changed spacing.) The main reason I didn't change it earlier was because it would change the format I've been using for ages, and make it inconsistent, and I'm really fussy about these things.

14 comments:

  1. Ahh, it really annoys me when the lighting messes with photos! Looks like you had a lovely time though, I've been to a couple of Belgium Beer cafes recently actually...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog layout! Its so clean and simple! And yes I think we all get that indoor photo blur problem :( I love your new loafers in the post below too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it seems like a lovely place to visit and eat at!

    Your blog layout looks awesome; I like larger photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. New format looks good. I have changed mine too. Your blog is looking fab - great job! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aah you seem to eat at the loveliest places Jane! I'm so jealous :-P I always love your layouts, always so sleek and "clean". xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous food!!
    oh and living in England I know a few belgian beers, including hoegaarden!! but, I prefer Visor beer which I think is only available in europe....

    Jules @ a bit of jules

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Hoegaarden, although it's not my fave. I think it's something in the aftertaste that's a little off for me? Oh well. Looks like you had a delicious time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. arghhh that's the exact reason why i haven't made my post width (and photos) larger on my blog... i can't stand the thought that all my previous posts won't line up! but the larger photos do look so nice xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks like you're having so much fun, and the pictures makes me hungry. I love how the pictures turns out to be bigger now. great photos :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not a beer drinker either, but this place looks like fun and I might would try a glass. :) Love the pics too even though they are a big grainy...they add to the charm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a great place to grab a beer and get some good food!

    ReplyDelete
  12. happy birthday to your friend! it looks like a lovely place, even if the lighting wasn't the best

    http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.