deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

August 16, 2011

Sensible

This is meant to be my sensible outfit for formal workplace environments, but I can never resist a colour-coordinated bow headband.



The retail therapy spree continues. I bought a new pair of shoes: loafers from Wittner. I'm really into loafers right now! These are kind of like my other flats, but they're falling apart and I figured I should get a new pair to break in in time for summer. I'd learned my lesson - to buy better quality shoes! - but I didn't have to splurge for my new ones, because I grabbed them on sale ($50 down from $140!). Bad picture, though:



Speaking of shoes, remember those chelsea boots I posted about? Well, I wore them for a day, and it was horrendous! I had chunks of skin scraped off the back of my heels, and I had to wear thongs (flip-flops to you Americans) for a week. I wore them again today, and I found that putting sticky-tape on my skin, where the rubbing is, worked pretty well! Any tips for breaking in new shoes without shedding blood?



I discovered the "overlay" setting on my camera the other day and I've been having lots of fun with it. For example:



Pure artistry, right?

25 comments:

  1. I break new shoes in by wearing thick socks and walking around in the shoes for an afternoon or so (: Such lovely photos as ever. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfit - the headband really mixes it up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, I'm in love with loafers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the bow looks really cool with your outfit, love the loafers too. It sucks they hurt so bad :(
    I usually break in shoes by wearing a plasters where they feel like they're about to hurt, so in your case the back of the ankle. But I guess that's pretty similar to your sticky tape solution lol hope that helps a little xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. did you get a new camera?! (: hehe i love the last photo! it looks like you took a photo through a glass pane thus the tree reflections. your loafers are so cute! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure what the overlay setting is but it's pretty legit. Your photos came out great :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tasha - no I didn't, it's the same one I've had for a few years, haha. Brenda - it's an edit setting on my camera which 'overlays' two pictures, if you get what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Retail therapy is the best therapy, in my opinion! I really like the loafers. And I hear they're making a huge comeback, so you're right on point. I was actually thinking of getting a pair myself for work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh wittner is having great sales at the moment, i also saw a pair of cappuccino tassle loafers that were down to $50 but the looked bad on me :( anyway, yours look great! i really like the monochrome :) xx misstea & co.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great photos. and I love your new shoes!!

    Julia @ Retro Jules

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is a pretty outfit you have on I love the cute flats you are wearing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh god, i love your shoes; what a good deal, they're amazing !!
    Kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your bow headband look adorable :) Like it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your hairbow :) Nothing is worse than blisters on the back of feet :P They hurt so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love those shoes. Wear them every day. Where them until there are holes in their soles. They are fantastic! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have some flats that always rub me and I've had them for months, the back of the shoe digs into my ankle but my mom mentioned placing some thick cotton bandage and taping it at the back so it's invisible to others and it works a treat! I hated wearing plasters constantly so this is a better option.

    I love your loafers too, they're very jazzy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your outfit looks great :3 And aw, I wish my camera had overlay (maybe it does, but idk). Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful)
    http://mrsjuliajulia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the bow and the loafers!

    ReplyDelete
  20. those shoes are a classic! and the bow suits you too x

    ReplyDelete
  21. i am in love with the shoes..
    very classic..
    all the best for the photography!
    http://silenceriver.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.