deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

September 16, 2011

Accent meme

Something different today! I've been meaning to do this for a while but I only got some time in the past week. It's the accent meme/tag that's been floating around for a while now - basically, you say a list of words and answer some questions to show differerences in the ways people speak English. I have this huge thing for listening to/analysing people's accents, so I've watched loads and I figured it was time to make one myself (and hopefully get you guys to do one). It's a bit weird posting a video of myself when I hardly ever post pictures, though. I'm not fond of my voice/mannerisms so I'll probably never watch this again, haha.

I have an Australian accent, and contrary to what the rest of the world might think, there are some variations of it. I'm a Sydneysider, but I've picked up my speaking from the inner west, south and north, so I don't think there are particular regional influences. This sounds a little awkwardly rehearsed in a few parts, because it was the second time I filmed it. As for the list of words, if I were using them in a sentence I'd probably slur them a bit more - I wouldn't enunciate so much.

If anyone's interested, here are the words and questions:
If you do get around to it drop me a link to it here - I'll definitely watch it.

22 comments:

  1. This is so cool! You've got such a great accent! Yay, you're so cool! You speak Chinese?!?! Damn. And I seriously had to laugh when you said "I would probably just say, that bug which just got into a ball.. someone just... take it away from me."

    I wish I had an accent like yours... I'm not a native speaker so I'll probably always keep a bit of Dutch pronounciation in between. Maybe, just maybe I'm going to do this sometime.. it seems fun analyzing accents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louise - I speak it badly to my family members only, haha. It would be so cool to hear your accent, definitely think about doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love watching these :) one day I should probably do one myself

    http://ninety2wo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg this is awesome. You are so freaking cute <3 and I love australian accents.

    I would never have the guts to do this lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I haven't seen this before
    I love the idea!

    you are a sweet sounding girl !


    hugs (^.^) hope to hear from you *
    amyflyingakite.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. heh i really just love your accent! you're really cute, btw. (: i'd love to visit Sydney soon, i have relatives there! +i love the photos from the last couple of posts. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your accent :) I love this accent thing going around :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey cool post! i tried it myself and realized how american and how asian i can sound depending on the word, but mostly who i'm talking to!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you have such a beautiful voice! it was nice haring you :)

    xxx
    Daria

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're so cute, haha! I love the human anatomy behind you :3

    ReplyDelete
  11. How interesting! I loved watching this. And yes, I say 'aluminum' the "weird" way, hahah! But I guess the reasons for Americans saying it the way we do is because it's spelled differently here. As opposed to 'aluminium', it's 'aluminum'. I often wonder why that is.

    ReplyDelete
  12. it happens ALL THE TIME. I mean DSLRS are super fantastic etc etc but when it comes to carry them, the whole DSLR dream falls apart - why couldnt they fit in a clutch and everything would be fine !
    btw what a nice blog you have here- following you*

    ReplyDelete
  13. just found your blog and I love it! Definitely gonna keep following.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahah I love this! I think your accent is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i did it too! here's the link to my post

    http://amouretlafoi.blogspot.com/2011/09/so-this-is-unlike-me-but-i-have-wanted.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so neat... I love your accent! It's nice to see what you look like, since like you said we don't really see much pictures of you. You're very pretty girl, (love your haircut!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is downright hilarious and fascinating at thge same time! Your accent is adorable, I might add. You know, I think many of us Americans do not care for our accents and ways of pronouncing various words... which is quite sad, really!

    Aya ♥ Strawberry Koi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cool, would be so interesting to try across US or even within state =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been meaning to this for ages, too! You've just reminded me of it, actually. I'll be putting this post in my bookmarks so I won't forget again, haha. It's a great post idea!

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  20. awesome blog found you through another blog!

    visit me if you have time :D
    www.fantailflo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.