deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

September 14, 2011

Spectacles

Because that sounds more interesting than "glasses". I finally ended up getting those glasses I need that I mentioned a few posts ago. I ended up going with Rachael's idea to get them online, from Bonlook, after trying on a billion pairs in store that were either ugly on me or too expensive. I remember Bonlook promoting around the blogosphere a few months back, but I never really took notice until Rachael's comment, since I hadn't needed glasses. Anyway, theses were the most suitable pair I could find for my huge round face, and the price was pretty reasonable.

I got the "Urban Dandy" ones. I couldn't decide between black or tortoiseshell, but I figured I'd go with the latter... just for kicks.

I'm not photogenic, so I really had to work those angles. This is why I am not a fashion blogger.

Throwing in a picture of what I wore the other day. Winter's been lingering for a while, but soon enough I'll have to ditch the coat, which makes me sad, because I really like coats. This red one was from Forever21, and for all their reputation of mass-manufacturing cheap clothes, it held up surprisingly well despite the fact that I wore it around all winter. Definitely going to try and score another nice one in the nothern-hemisphere end of season sales for our next winter!

22 comments:

  1. I like them so much! Good choice with the tortoise shell. Great look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful bag and glasses! http://mullanstyle.blogspot.com/ !

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey you got your new glasses! they definitely suit you and I love the frames :) good choice :) I am never buying glasses in a real store again haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE THEM! Mine are tortoise shell as well but they're really deep brown and so they look more black unless the sun shines on to it. Yours are so much nicer x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh whoa! Those glasses look awesome, I really would love to have spectacles.. but my eyesight seems to be pretty ok so far..... :/

    Anddd, I really that coat, I have a thing for red-coloured-winter-coats. And weird movies, of course. ;) I got Survive Style 5+ from my brother. He recommended more normal-but-still-a-bit-weird-in-a-good-way movies like 'The Brothers Bloom' and 'In Bruges', so I thought.. 'this should be pretty good'. It was, don't get me wrong, the stylists did an amazing job... the storyline just was a bit... too weird. hehe. :')

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love the glasses. Tortoise shell is my favorite!! Also, I love that purse!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fashion blogger or not, you pulled it off nicely! you look soo good with them on! pretty trendy too x

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love them! mine are similar :) they suit you well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are super cool and more important, they really suit you. I had the same problem this summer, needed new glasses and couldn't find the perfect pair. started taking photos with my phone and it was so much easier to see which ones I suited on a picture than in the mirror. I ended up with something similar to yours in black:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the glasses, it fits really nice on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jaaaane! I know i've already posted a comment on this post but just a quick one to let you know that the dress is from topshop and i think it's still available on their website! :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the specs! tortoise shell was a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look great! I really need to get my eyes checked/a new pair of glasses. This may be just the motivation I need!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've always gone for the basic black over the tortoise (and I've been a glasses wearer for a long time) ... Really love them on you though. Now I want a pair like that.

    seven-percentsolution.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your spectacles looks much more pretty then my glasses.. I have to buy new ones!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous glasses and I love your bag too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. how perfect are these!

    and you.

    what do you mean, not photogenic? I think the pictures are so great. your face is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. what adorable glasses! i would love some like that:)
    xo Elly @ strawberrylacemoustache.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Crazy Stupid Love is a romantic comedy, for sure, but it has a little more story and edge like more of Steve Carell's films like 'Little Miss Sunshine' or 'Dan in Real Life'. (it actually is a lot like 'Dan in Real Life'.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the specs Jane. You look awesome. :)
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your bag =)

    Check out my blog please =)
    http://dreamloveshop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.