deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

October 23, 2011

Dotted dresses

A few weeks ago, I learned that my bank account never, ever stood a chance against the combination of 2am-itis (you know, the weird lonely feeling you get when you're up in the middle of the night because you can't sleep), a credit card, and a Modcloth sale.

Well, technically, only one of the dresses I bought were on sale, but I'd had my eye on the other two for a while and combining shipping works out better (can you tell I'm still trying to justify buying all this to myself?). I didn't realise until afterwards that everything was polkadotted!

They even gave me a little gift of this headband (polka dot as well!) with the rest of my order. Modcloth are probably one of the nicest online stores - not only because they carry cute clothes and have a good review system, but because their customer service is the best ever (and I've bugged them a lot). I'd definitely shop there more often if the shipping wasn't so expensive.

#1. I finally worked out a way I could get a whole outfit (maybe not shoes) into a shot: putting my camera in an open cupboard and jumping up onto my bed - hence the weird, teetering pose I'm striking. It took a while to get a good shot, so I gave up on the method for the next two dresses. I know what you're thinking - how could I take outfit pictures standing on a bed without taking at least one jumping shot? Well, I did try, but the dress is too light and kept flying up to reveal a lot more leg than I'd like to show on this blog... maybe next time.

#2. None of the full-body shots of this dress came out focused... too bad! It's basically a shirt dress with a circle skirt. I have this dress in solid purple, I love it (obviously. I mean, if I hated it I wouldn't have bought another one). Also showing off my starry ballerina bedsheet.


#3. And finally, the dress I never meant to buy. It's a Tofu brand dress, and they're generally pretty pricey, so if it hadn't been on sale I would've looked, admired, and moved on. Except it was about 70% off and in my size, so obviously, fate meant for me to have it. I'm not entirely sure where/when I could wear it, because, as you can see, the front and back are pretty low cut, so it's more of a party dress. The thing is... I don't go to parties. I never get invited I would rather stay home... with a cup of tea... and blog. (Yes, that rogue bra strap in the picture of the back detail is killing me, I did consider photoshopping it out). Also, my hair's looking pretty ratty, isn't it? I'd make an excuse, but, well, that's what it always looks like.

Thus concludes what may be the most awkward series of outfit shots you've probably seen today. Fashion bloggers, how do you do it? I'm still feeling very guilty over this haul, so I'm banning myself from buying anymore dresses and shoes. Although I'm probably going to somehow find exceptions to this rule.

I'm off to bed now, hope you guys have a good weekend!

22 comments:

  1. i can't take outfit photos to save my life, trust me these are good! these are all lovely, i especially love the first one.

    hope you're having a nice weekend!

    beth xo
    ramz and the flock

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeous dresses! They're lovely photos too (: I always manage to find an exception to a "no buying" rule hahaha. Hope you're having a lovely weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. the dresses look great on you! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't go wrong with polka dots, i love the blue one! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last dress needs to be introduced into my life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jane! That blue dress is gorgeous! All the dresses look great on you, I like the poses you strike too, hehe. :) Hurrah for polkadots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I really loved your blog!!!
    Well, can you please follow my blog??
    And please please!!! Can you Like the facebook page!!!!!!!!!!
    It is> > http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Cute-Pearl/149693121795721
    Thanks!!!!!!!! I will be very happy!!!!!
    Please follow and comment!!!
    Thank a lot!!!
    Kisses xxxxxx
    Alice Dias

    http://thecutepearl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. all these dresses are so adorable! :) i like the colour of the green dress, such a pretty shade. hahaha if i could ever take outfit shots, there'd be plenty on my blog! ah, i so admire fashion bloggers who take fantastic self-shots. :3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful beautiful!! I love your dotted dresses! Perfect for any season. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are lovely, especailly the last one (the tofu brand one), it's gorgeous!

    Have a nice week //Niina

    ReplyDelete
  11. soo cool you got a freebie from them! never heard of an online store doing that before x don't feel guilty, these dresses look perfect on you xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh - loving all these polka dot dresses. They look great on you!

    Thu
    http://justtututiny.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. awww i love yr new header! so simple and lovely. and that last dress is so unique!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these dresses :) I totally got a free headband with my last order with them too!! You look gorgeous, what great taste you have!
    Amy xxx
    http://fashionsastranger.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those dresses are beautiful! Modcloth never fails to disappoint me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The polka dot dresses are stunning. It has to be one of my favourite patterns but I rarly find anything that suits me with polka dots sadly!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh, lovely dresses, they fit you perfectly! And don't worry about the outfit photographs - at least you actually try! I've long given up on those... maybe when I've my new place and a decent backdrop! ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE these! I'm so obsessed with polka dots. And you look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey pretty lady! O_O inter-railing is where you get kind of a free train pass around most of europe! (sorry to sound like a know-it-all if you already knew this hehe >_<) i found it really flexible cos you can just hop on and off trains really O_O! But truthfully i did also find it unbelievably stressfull as sometimes the trains were fully booked (and you are reduced to having no rights on trains with interail!) or the guards dont know what the ticket is O_o.

    I think the tour sounds like a great idea though! I think interailing is good for really flexible travelling so it depends on what you want. Where are you planning on going?!

    Sorry if this comment was useless! I expect i just re-told you what you already know kekeke O_O (but if you do want anymore advice ask away!) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.