deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

December 26, 2011

Christmas Eve

The Christmas Eves in the last few years were pretty uneventful for me, so this year I figured I'd round up a bunch of friends (who didn't already have family commitments) and go out to dinner. We picked out Jamie's Italian (Jamie Oliver's chain restaurant which recently opened in Sydney) - I'd heard about the queues, but we got there quite early and it was pretty empty. Most of my pictures turned out badly because of the low lighting but YY was there and her hands are steadier than mine, apparently.


I had pasta carbonara and it was really nice! Better than your basic carbonara because the flavour of the sauce was pretty intense.

The "posh chips", which are chips with parmesan and truffle oil (Charlie and Co in Westfield do them as well). They were okay, I suppose; pretty cheesy but the chips weren't that great and the portion was tiny.


Dessert: chocolate brownie with raspberry, amaretto, and vanilla ice cream. It was way too much; I couldn't finish the brownie. Definitely should be shared!


Carrie had the right idea and got sorbet for her dessert.

Afterwards, we wandered down to sit by Circular Quay for a while (we always end up here, or in Maccas, but we were way too full for McDonalds). Carrie and Mel left early but YY and I sat until it was almost dark (it was past 8 - the days are so long, it's getting confusing).




Melany and her owls.


Carrie and her camera.


Full shot of my Christmassy outfit, thanks to YY again (sorry for the massive picture - I have this thing where I need every picture on this blog to be 700px wide). We all agreed to add a bit of festivity to our outfits; the others just wore touches of red but I went in with the green as well. I felt a little over-Christmassed, but then I saw a bunch of girls dressed like Santa (if Santa ever wears minidresses), which reassured me a bit.

I have pictures from Christmas Day, which are coming soon. Hope everyone's having a fabulous holiday season! I braved the Boxing Day sales today but I came out with nothing to show for it... I'm too impatient to deal with crowds and lines of that size.

26 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much good food! Those chips with parmesan and truffle oil look so good! Hope you had a lovely Christmas, Jane (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'but then i saw a bunch of girls dressed like Santa'

    Er, no, they looked like the plastics when they were singing Jingle Bell Rock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pics! Jamies italian does the best food :D Me & friends are always in the one in Cardiff :)

    Hope you had a wonderful christmas day :D

    Satin&Souffles xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you had a very merry Christmas ! Your blog is great and these pictures are gorgeous !
    Come visit mine if you have a minute, and let me know if you want to follow each other.

    Love,

    S

    http://s-lk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. my mouth is beyond watering.. hope you had a lovely chrimbo! amourette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa, carbonara is pretty awesome. i didn't know Jamie Oliver had restaurants. Probably because I live in the middle of nowhere. I adore your little red dress :)

    Mabel
    Mabel Time

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg! carbonara! The food looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your outfit is gorgeous! I wore red and green as well and got quite a few stares, haha.
    You always seem to eat the most amazing food.
    The boxing day sales down here were crazy as well. In Myer, we had to line up to use the escalator because the crowds were so ridiculous.
    Hope you had a lovely Christmas Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhhh my GOD at the food, Jane! Can I please have your life?! Amazing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Christmas Eve is such an odd one, I spent mine down the pub, aha. You look wonderful (: And I've seen plenty of those mini dress Santas...
    http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loves the blog. keep up the lovely posts!!

    follow eachother ?

    :0)

    http://barbie-bombshell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The food looks delicious !
    At least you went out & had some fun, that's what matters :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. i think that's a really good way to spend christmas eve -- in the company of good friends and good food. :D

    all the food looked delicious, i want to taste them all. ;)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Those pictures are great! The food looks so delicious and I love your Christmas outfit.

    Best wishes from one blogger to another,

    ~Zabrinah

    ReplyDelete
  16. That dessert sounds amazing! And I'm so loving Melany's owl top. I have a bit of an obsession with owls - they're just so damn adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful pictures! That sorbet looks drool-worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That food looks amazing! I've been planning on going to Jamie's Italian, and I think you've given me the push to go to the one in Stratford (London)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aw, it looks you had an amazing Christmas eve! You in your outfit next to the opera house is nice. I like that photo a lot! :D The food looks yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh that food looks so nice, and aw I love your christmassy outfit x

    ReplyDelete
  21. awh, this sounds like such a lovely Christmas celebration - the food looks delicious and the owl print is so adorable!
    i passed on the 'versatile blogger' award to you by the way because your blog is so lovely, if you want to see what it's about on my blog :)

    ♥mollie from musicandmollie

    ReplyDelete
  22. thank you! my christmas was amazing and i hope, you had a great one, too! and i wish you a happy new year <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. The food looks delicious and I love the christmassy colours you chose. It's crazy seeing how light it is there past 8pm! I couldn't imagine christmas without the cold dark nights here haha :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Mmm, all the food looks absolutely delicious!

    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are an adorable Christmas elf! Following you, for no other reason than I think you rock.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.