My mother was cleaning and she unearthed a bag of marbles from when I was a kid - I'd totally forgotten about them! I don't remember any of the marble games I played. I really should chuck these things out, but I'm pretty sentimental, which leads to hoarding.
I did my customary post-exam shopping trip in the city, but I didn't have the patience to sort through clothes. So I bought a book instead (continuing on from my current Sherlock Holmes obsession). I really like the cover art for this one. Sometimes I feel guilty for buying so many books instead of borrowing them from the library, but I tell myself that it's an investment (I think one of my friends came up with this), since I generally buy classics.
I've got a few more shifts at work than usual this break, a party or two and a Harry Potter movie date with friends, but apart from those my calendar is blissfully/sadly (depending on how you look at it) pretty empty so far.
Regular readers of this blog would already know my weakness for nice (discounted) chocolate.
Link back to the blogger whom had given you the award and thank them / Write 10 interesting facts about yourself / Award four recently discovered blogs that you love / Contact these bloggers and notify them about their achievement
Anita gave me the stylish blogger award. I love going on her blog, it's especially fun because she also lives in Sydney.
10 facts about myself
- I'm quite high-strung, and I get easily worried over small things.
- I watched the two seasons of Miranda yesterday and today, which leads into the fact that I love British comedy TV/movies.
- I'm at university full time but I have a job as a swim teacher, which is probably the best one I've ever had - I love swimming and kids.
- I really want to visit London, and Europe in general. I even have a "Europe fund" set up in my bank account. I hope to be able to go sometime this year or next year, and I really want to study for a while somewhere there as well.
- I'm a fast food junkie. I eat entirely too much of it. I have developed a liking for salad in the past few months though, which is a good sign!
- I'm a Sydneysider who prefers Melbourne over Sydney.
- I'm a bit awkward around strangers, but I've learned to laugh at my occasional social hiccups.
- I've kept online accounts and sites since I was about 12. I even had one of those doll sites that used to be all the rage! I still love tweaking layouts and such, even though I've forgotten a lot about coding from scratch.
- I'm not often seen in public without a headband on.
- I've never seen snow. YY and I had tiny, tentative plans to go to the snow this winter break, but we never really got enthusiastic enough to pull it through.
As for recently discovered blogs, it's a bit difficult because I've been too busy to do much discovery of blogs lately! I don't really follow "style" blogs per se so I've just picked blogs that I like. Here they are:
- My Unpredictable (great photos)
- Design Runway (mixed bag of cool things)
- Lola Dandelion (fun posts)
- Universe + Me (Louise's new blog)
Well this has been rather a hefty post! You might have noticed that I've done up a new layout, hope it's working alright for everyone.
//ETA: I've been having some trouble commenting on some Blogger blogs lately, sometimes it refuses to work. Hopefully this sorts it out soon, so I can comment on your blogs properly!