deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

January 8, 2012

Glebe Markets

Yesterday I went to Glebe Markets. The markets are better than I remembered (I'd only been once before, more than a year ago); there were a lot of nice things for sale. It was a proper summer day, pretty hot and sunny. I didn't buy much, but I think I'll visit more often - it's pretty easy since it's close to the city and on every week.


Started off with obligatory thai lunch in Newtown. Apparently I am the only person in the world who isn't into thai food. Let me tell you, my friends are worse than my parents when it comes to nagging me about my picky eating (Jane, if this was pizza you'd eat twice the amount in half the time well yes, but this isn't pizza, is it?).



I've just noticed... that girl in the background is wearing a really cute dress.



Carrie buying a book.


Setting up a stall would be such a good way to get rid of some stuff, but I don't think people will like my old things enough to cover the cost and bother of getting one.


I liked how no one told me I couldn't take pictures of things, which happens in some other markets. I'm still not quite clear on what the etiquette/rules are about this?



Really nice vintage dresses that were reasonably priced. I was tempted but I've put myself on a dresses ban (I have way too many, I don't even wear all the ones own).



This stall had some adorable dresses and some awesome funky jewellery, but I didn't buy anything. I kind of wish I had, though! Maybe next time.



Afterwards we sat at San Churro across the road and had this really unimpressive caramel fudge parfait.


Chatime for the walk up Broadway. I used to get these teas all the time from EasyWay but apparently Chatime is the way to go nowadays. I usually get a flavoured green tea (grapefruit this time) with aloe vera pieces (the best part).

As you might be able to tell from this massive post, I was happier with my pictures this time around. Although halfway through the day my viewfinder got really blurry, while the photos were turning out fine. Turns out I'd accidentally reset the dioptre (there's this slider thing which you can use to adjust how things look through the viewfinder), which I didn't know existed until a google search. The things you learn !

33 comments:

  1. Your pictures are so nice! as usual. There are soo many dresses at that market. They all look so pretty :o that caramel parfait looks delicious too! hehe. YAY I love reading your posts and looking at your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's my kind of place I would enjoy shopping at, all the treasures & trinkets would make anyone happy.

    Sounds like you had a lovely day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I's like I've died and gone to thrifted heaven *__* I haven't been to the Glebe Markets yet, so geeed to go before my uni break is over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a fun day. I've never been to Glebe markets, I heard it's pretty good though :)And I may have fallen in love with the anchor necklace in the tenth photo! Haha and don't worry, I don't like Thai food either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha, oh the viewfinder, I know exactly what you mean. I accidentally rolled it once and I thought my camera was broke! Horrible feeling!

    I am terribly in love with those leather-looking suitcases and bags. The colours of the dresses look pretty good too.

    It seems you had a really nice day. And the weather seemed perfect too. Oh, how I long for spring/summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love markets, there are just so many things to look, go through and eat. Also thank you for your lovely comment, I can't wait for my holiday haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh well, I have never eaten thai food in my life! The photos && the weather look so nice! But what's that tea? Is it like ice tea or something? If yes, I want it haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ arttu - it's kind of like ice tea, you can get it with different flavours and toppings and such. It's basically bubble tea, if you've heard of that before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely post Jane! Looks like a great time! Those globe earrings in one of the stalls are so cute (I have a serious thing with maps, haha)...

    And your post are keeping my dream of sun and summer alive this winter! Haha.

    Take care! //Niina

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pictures are lovely! I love going to places like that, and that tea looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this looks like such a fun thing to do...i love little vintage markets like thise... especially when there is a cafe ha ha!! xx

    www.pebbzblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely photographs! I went to Paddington markets this weekend, i'm heading to glebe next weekend so i'll keep your post in mind- that caramel frappe is a must! love your blog and now following you x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seems like you had a fun day! Love all the photos here :)

    Cheers,
    Karina Dinda R. ♥
    BLOG | TWITTER | SHOP

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love these photos, Jane! :) glad you're happier with your photographs this time. and i never knew what the dioptre was for either! i'd just play around with it when i'm bored but never bothered to look it up hehe. the markets looks so nice, i haven't been to one in so long. we have chatime here as well! though i've only had it twice. i love the roasted milk tea with coffee jelly. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. i like so much this market! especially the funky jewelry! :) would you like to follow each other?xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love to go the markets with you! Your life looks so fun!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. these pics are amazing! can't wait till it's spring/summer again and i can stroll through thousands of fleamarkets! <3

    xx mika

    www.headandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been to these markets once, they were so much fun! your photos are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. looks like a great day! it's a shame i almost always work on saturdays, i missed all the nice weather. :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love Glebe markets, but I always work Saturday mornings. I hope you're not a poor Sydney uni student, because a love of Thai food is compulsory! Also, I want that eyeball pendant. I have thought about teaming up with friends to sell my old shit, but I'm a but of a hoarder and I don't want other people to have my things.

    ReplyDelete
  21. love it!!!


    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've heard of the Glebe Markets before! From your post, they seem like a pretty worthwile market to visit. All the jewelery looks so quirky.

    ReplyDelete
  23. love love love these photos!
    really nice blog babe!
    Selene

    http://hipandchips.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. omg I love that place! I wish I could find something like that here in my country :(

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would definitely love to visit that market one day, thrift store is an absolute heaven sent. Those vintage things are so tempting as well. I love how you captured the pictures really good!
    Chatime is my favorite too, and you make me craving for their pearl milk tea right now.
    Great post, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice shots :) Followed you and I hope to hear from you as well :)

    vinayabut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great photographs as usual! You have such an eye for detail - the close up of those selection of rings is ace, what weird and wonderful gems!

    I need more dresses in my life actually, I saw one today and fell in love but sadly they didn't have my size - always the case!

    I'm not into thai food either to be honest, although I've only really eaten thai green curry but I'm not keen on the flavours. I prefer a bit more spice!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This looks like so much fun, these photos are really great!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Pretty photos! All that food looks delicious :) Amazing.
    Happy new year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. GAHHHH! Now I need to visit Australia JUST so that I can go shopping at this market. Those bags look AMAZING! I want one so bad! I want to go shopping there so much :) Girl, you've got me droooooling :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. It´s great to see your creativity in this blog.

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love all kind street and flea markets, great photos. I am your new follower, pls follow back.

    http://aprettylife13.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a nice market ! I love the eye necklace :)
    I follow your blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.