deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

January 1, 2012

New Year's Eve

Happy new year! Here's what I got up to on NYE. For NYE 2010, I sat on the Opera House in 30C heat all day long; I did not feel like doing it again (although the summer's been mild). We didn't really have proper plans this time so it turned out to be pretty random.


I don't own any clothes that are sparkly or sequined, so I chose this dress for its shiny buttons. And if you squint, I suppose the floral could be fireworks (no, really, squint harder).



First stop was Jenny's. Took advantage of her almost blank wall (notice those ridiculous rabbit pictures) and conveniently placed dressing table to continue my camwhoring. I really like the cutouts on the back of the dress but it was a bit too chilly to go without the cardigan.


After meeting up with YY and WL in the city, we had dinner at Jamie's Italian (again). The waitress recognised me. Awkward.

We then ambled down to the Rocks because we wanted to see the fireworks. It was pretty crowded when we got there, and we thought we got a pretty good view considering that we were relatively late.




The 9 o'clock fireworks weren't that great and I didn't get any good pictures. At this point, we figured that we couldn't be bothered to stay squished up in a crowd for another 3 hours for a mediocre view of the midnight fireworks, and decided to bail.


Turned out that the view would've been better 100 metres further back.


It took us ages to fight our way out of Circular Quay. Although you can't tell from these pictures, I always think the streets of the city on NYE after fireworks look like the setting of some sort of apocalypse movie, because of the crowds walking on the roads in the same direction.





We didn't really know what else to do, so like the total losers we are we decided to just go to Jenny's and watch the midnight fireworks on TV (while snacking our way into 2012).




Hope you guys had a good NYE! This morning I was feeling a bit sorry for myself but I've decided that this needs to stop and now I'm ready to meet 2012 head on! I was pretty sulky all throughout 2011 really, I've got to be more positive this year. Looking forward to another year of blogging here.

33 comments:

  1. Floral and cutout! What's there not to love 8) I didn't get to go to the harbour this year but it looks awfully packed O.O Hahaha feel flattered that the waitress recognised you, though I must admit, even I would feel a bit awks haha!

    > http://geebambino.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Jane! Happy New Year!!! :D
    Sounds like a pretty good NYE to me, I always think the fireworks are overated, or NYE in general. But I'm glad you had a good time. I, too, was snacking my way into 2012. Promising, huh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful dress! Happy New Year! x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy new year, Jane! :) may 2012 be a wonderful one for us all. i love your dress! i too, spent my NYE in the city but i didn't get to see any fireworks because apparently my hotel was located at the wrong side of the city. =.= it was such a bummer! but i made a mental vow that next NYE, i will be at a rooftop club that's located at the right side of the city hahaha. i wish i was in Sydney to see the fireworks at the Harbour Bridge. happy 2012 again! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that - "squint harder"! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I really like your blog, it's truly inspiring! I have always blogged in Danish, but I just started blogging in english. I hope you will take a look at my blog.
    Amanda, madeindk.dk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year, Jane! I just looked at your old entry for 2011 NYE fireworks which I didn't get a chance to see because I was out of the country, and they look amazing :) I don't think I would bother sitting outside the Opera House for such a long period of time. Anyway, it looks like you had a great night out :)I love the photos of your beautiful dress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, as long as you were with friends! If I didn't work this NYE, I would totally have been at home alone, eating popcorn. Also, you should have seen the mess after midnight, it was crazy. I found a bikini.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy new year!! You have a great blog dear ^^ Mind to follow each other? :)

    Cheers,
    Karina Dinda R. ♥
    BLOG | TWITTER | SHOP

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy new year to you, have a wonderful year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable outfit! Love your dress!
    Haha, I watched the Sydney fireworks on TV as well :) Sounds like you had a lovely new years and I hope 2012 is amazing for you Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think floral is definitely a good alternative to sparkles and sequins! Plus you can wear florals all year around and they looks so great on you!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely dress!!!

    Kisses Anne

    http://annenobody.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. The food looks really really good. I must be hungry..thinking about food at this hour. Anyway happy 2012!
    x
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look great! Love the floral dress and looks like you had a great NYE :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. looks like you had a fun night! hope you have a great 2012 and happy new year hun!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely pics, your dress looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy New Year sweetie! I love that floral dress you chose to wear. It is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. nice photos! like so much your dress! :) have a good year baby! check out my new post xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your dress and pics! It looks like you had great fun! Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think it sounds like a great new years eve! Good company is the most important thing :) Happy New Year Jane!

    //Niina

    ReplyDelete
  22. love your dress and your room looks so cosy:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi, dear :) can I ask you where did you buy your dress? it looks awesome! (hoping it was in a store that exists here in Portugal ahah)

    Mariana - justaplacetogetlost.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow such cute dress... happy new year x

    http://lolitasfashionideas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. love the dress you look amazing!:)x

    ReplyDelete
  26. these are awesome photos! i would looove to have experienced NY in Sydney xx honestly, (eventually) i plan to move to there. you really do live in such an amaaazing place. i have only fond memories of australia x

    happy new year to you babe xx


    gala

    ReplyDelete
  27. i made sure to avoid the CBD on new years because i know i wouldn't enjoy myself with the crowds! also i didn't know there was a jamie's italian in sydney!! ahh i have to take my friend, she would LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. My rule is that floral works for EVERY occasion! I think you made a great choice ;)

    I'm glad I ran across your blog :) I'm adding you to my reading list :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. oh, you look so cute! i definitely had an amazing time in brussels <3 your new year's eve looks great, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. pretty dress! love the back!
    glad you had a nice NYE. happy new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ahh I adore that dress, SO pretty! c:

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.