deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

February 23, 2012

Europe haul

I was having a bit of trouble with fighting my post-travel blues yesterday, so I decided to go through the things I bought in Europe to cheer myself up. I didn't end up buying much - my suitcase was only 2kgs heavier on the return flight. I'd expected I would buy more clothes but I was wearing so many layers, I wasn't bothered to peel them all off to try things on.


A pile of shirts from Uniqlo. I love Uniqlo. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be set for button-downs and stripy tops from now on. I'd say something a long the lines of "I wish they'd open in Sydney" but you know they'd double the prices of everything if they did.


Dress from H&M (it comes with a skinny red belt which I don't really like). There was a H&M practically everywhere we went... and we went into all of them.


Dodgy beret from a souvenir shop in Paris, wallet from a market in Camden and shoes from Topshop. I was a bit disappointed with Topshop - I spend a lot of time window-shopping on their site but in real life the clothes were a bit underwhelming. Also, the store on Oxford St is terrifying. Clothes and people everywhere, oh my gosh, I was so confused.


Some skincare stuff from La Roche-Posay and Lush. We have Lush here but it's way cheaper in London. Funny story: we were in the Lush store in Covent Garden at the same time as one of the co-founders (Mark), but we didn't know who he was at the time - so we were really confused when this man who didn't look like a sales assistant started giving everyone product advice.


MAC lipstick, concealer and tinted moisturiser from Duty Free. I went in only to buy a concealer, and came out with the other two things because it was so much cheaper than what it would have been in Australia (less than half price).


Of course I had to get one of these in Paris.


Baker St sign (yes... I did go to 221B) which is now by my Sherlock Holmes books and a Harrods tin. I almost got sucked into buying one of those Harrods tote bags but I managed to resist (it was hard).


Books are so unbelievably cheap in the UK. I got through the Hunger Games really quickly on the plane - I liked it, so I'm excited for the movie. I'm still reading Anno Dracula (it's not the type of book I usually buy, but it was just... so cheap).

I'm still going through and editing my photos from the trip, watch out for them!

23 comments:

  1. Regarding Topshop, I felt the exact same way about H&M-- their commercials on TV are so nice and the clothes the models wear look amazing, but when I walked into H&M for the first time last year, I felt like I had been punched in the gut-- almost everything I saw was the same clothes the girls at my school had been wearing for the past two years. I pointed out things I had seen on girls that same week! Although YOUR dress from H&M is so lovely, we hardly have dress options in the ones here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely haul! :) Gorgeous blue dress and souvenirs! It reminds me of when Sabrina (1995 movie) comes home from her trip to Paris with gifts for her father. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh - incredible choices, and I really like how you photographed them <3 I am positively SMITTEN with those button-downs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some great purchases you've made! I can't wait for your upcoming posts on Europe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...Uniqlo are opening in Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHH Why is everything in Australia so much more expensive than overseas?! Seeing your haul makes me want to move to Europe now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you should be excited indeed, navy beret and red lipstick, my FAVE combo hehe thanks for sharing hun xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. i know exactly what you mean about topshop! i would gladly have a lot of the clothes they make but it's just so expensive and the quality doesn't really seem to be any better than H&M which is a lot cheaper, y'know? but yeah, the shop on oxford street is out of control! i got lost in there. :( i can't see any goodies from primark but please tell me you paid it a visit! i think a lot of people who live in the UK aren't excited by it because 95% of what they have is crap and 100% is pretty poor quality.. but the 5% that's good is worth it because it's SO. CHEAP. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with what you said about Topshop there. Also I can totally see how you got lost in there! We didn't end up going to Primark unfortunately - we just didn't end up walking past any.

      Delete
  9. You purchased such lovely things! I especially adore those shirts, the beret, and the little Eiffel tower. :) I'm going to Paris in April and this post makes me anticipatory for my trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore that dress, and though I actually live in London, I want a Baker Street sign too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. did u see snow for the first time?really? it should be great!!! where do you live?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in Sydney, it never snows here. I saw it for the first time when I visited the Swiss Alps earlier this month :)

      Delete
  12. Oh yess, Uniqlo. They should really open in Amsterdam too! All your things look lovely, but dayum I don't want to know how expensive everything in Australia is... if even the mac-make up is so much more cheaper!! :o

    I really like everything in the 3rd photo, and yes!! You've got a baker-street sign, so nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha no you definitely don't want to know how expensive things are here in comparison!

      Delete
  13. Books here are cheap, really?? Maybe being an English student I have to buy them in bulk so I don't appreciate it when another £50 goes out of my account. You bought some wonderful things, love the beret, even if it is a little dodgy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say the "classics" cost about the same but new releases/best-seller type books are definitely a lot cheaper in the UK! £50 is a lot to let go on books at one time though.

      Delete
  14. ah, there are h&m's everywhere in europe :-D in finland, even the smallest towns have their own ones lol. in my opinion topshop/topman is quite expensive but some of their clothes are so damn fine. i wanna go shopping now! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eeek yes, there's always clothes and people everywhere in Topshop! Bit stressful.
    Ooh, I've heard a lot about "Hunger Games", tempted to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it a go, especially if you're going to watch the movie!

      Delete
  16. I need to get to uniqlo those shirts look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. you have such impeccable taste, Jane! ;) you should come to the uniqlo in Malaysia! there's one that is 3 stories-big. well, one floor is for the men but... if i find something i love, i don't really care! hahaha. i'm currently reading the Hunger Games! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. hoho. so proud and glad that after a year....your clothing colour palette has extended far far far beyond red, white and black.

    btw that dark purplish blue dress is REALLY cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.