deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

February 21, 2012

Europe

And I'm back! I got in this morning, and I'm scraping this post together through a haze of jetlag. The last couple of weeks have felt super surreal. To summarise our trip: we flew into London, took the Eurostar to Paris, stayed for a couple of days, did a tour, and then spent the last week in London. I took a tonne of pictures which I mean to show, but for now, here's one picture from each of the places I visited. If you hover over, you can see where it was taken (or just click through).

Paris
Mt Rigi
Lucerne
Florence
Rome
Verona
Venice
Salzburg
Heidelberg
Amsterdam
Bruges
London

It was just our luck that we ran into a major cold snap - it was even snowing in Rome while we were there, which is apparently really rare. After surviving temperatures of -15C, I don't think I'm ever going to complain about the winters here again.

While I had a blast, I'm so glad to be back in Sydney, even if there's not much new to do. I feel pretty drained from the last few weeks, so I'm finding comfort in familiarity. I'm not sure how I'm going to get used to our crappy transport system though, the buses in London are amazing.

Like I said earlier, I'm going to do more detailed posts with the rest of my pictures, alongside the usual posts I do about my life. And now I'm off for a nap.

23 comments:

  1. :O wow. wow wow wow. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the pictures. how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are UNBELIEVABLE, Jane! I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures! Glad you're back, we missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH JANE! YOU'RE BACK!!! I love love love love the photos you took so far! Especially the super snowy one at the mountain! Everything looks so brilliant, I'm looking forward to go travelling again after seeing you pictures, and I want to see and read everything!! Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are beautiful, I'm so glad you enjoyed your time in my neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW these are friggin' amazing photos! Snowing in Rome does sound really weird! I'm glad you had a good European time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... these pictures are so pretty.
    I am so jealous. I hope to visit all the places you've listed!!!!
    I wish we had the buses in London too :(
    Was England and Australia very similar btw? I've always wondered that...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back! Your photos are breathtaking. Judging from the beauty, it looks like you had the most amazing time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the photos of the snow! I don't want to be in the snow, but it looks great in pictures. Can't wait to see the rest of the set!

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing photos babe!!! i recognized my lovely italy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back! Your photos are beautiful! And I can't believe you had time to visit all these places! Sounds like an amazing trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These images are so beautiful! The photograph of the river in Amsterdam is lovely. I'm glad you had a good time; i love travelling to many different places as opposed to staying in one place for the duration :)

    ♥mollie from musicandmollie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back Jane! Wow, the pictures look amazing. Italy looks so beautiful. Can't wait for the others! Hope your jet lag goes away and you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow such beautiful photos :) really liked your blog, wanna follow each other? xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. So so so so so so beautiful! You can't comprehend how jealous I am right now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay I'm so glad you're back and had a great time. I love the second picture, it's very fairytale-esque. So pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I'm going to Paris in March so I can't wait to see all your pictures! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so jealous! It's been nearly 10 years since I went backpacking through Europe. Even though there's no way I'm going to copy that pace any time soon I'm still envious of those who are doing great European excursions. Can't wait for your follow up posts. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. brilliant photos. glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Suuperrr amazing photos! I hope you enjoyed your trip and haha, I'm also a little happy that you experienced the -15C :-D Welcome to Europe!!
    Can't wait to see more of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. ohhh how wonderful! i'm glad you had such an amazing time. i'm so jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yaay you were in Switzerland! :-) Did you like it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Switzerland was so beautiful, I loved it! It was my favourite place out of everywhere we went.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.