deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

March 15, 2012

London

There's nothing I can say about London that hasn't been said before. It's an amazing city. It's so alive and diverse, I loved the busy atmosphere and the shopping and the transport system (Londoners may have their gripes with it but it's a billion times better than Sydney's). I can't wait to go back. In fact, I'm already planning my life there.


Our first full day was Sunday so we went to Brick Lane to check out the markets and vintage stores. I'm not really a vintage shopper/thrifter, but it was fun to look through the clothes.


We spent a day at the British Museum.


Fish and chips! At a tourist-trap restuarant across from the British Museum.





Carnaby St was a bit of a let down but Regent and Oxford St were great for shopping (no pictures because if I'd tried I would've drowned in the sea of people). Our hotel was quite close to Oxford St, so we ended up there almost every day. I can't believe it's always so busy! It's like Pitt St on Boxing Day, ALL the time.


I found it odd that we had a lot of sunny mornings, which then turned into cloudy days. We were only rained on twice, though.


London

Birdcage Walk along St James's Park.


St James's Park. The pigeons are scary and my friends fell in love with the squirrels.


Buckingham Palace! I thought it would be bigger.


Oh yes we did.



View from the Tate Modern.




We went to Camden on the morning of the day we left. Bad choice, because a) it was a sunny Sunday so it was absolutely crowded and b) it made me even sadder to leave, because I loved it. I'm definitely putting further exploration of Camden on my list of things to do the next time I go.

Yes, this was image heavy (I had to cull heaps of photos, so this is just part of what we did in London) but it means it's finally the end of my Europe posts (I think I have closure now... maybe). I've definitely been bitten by the travel bug, though (I suppose the more romantic description is "wanderlust"), and I'm already planning my getaway over Christmas this year! Stay tuned.

30 comments:

  1. Amazing, it is always great to see my city through someone else's eyes, and you managed to visit most of my favourite haunts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are wonderful pictures & make me miss London even more! Although I've been several times to the city, I never managed to get to the Tate Modern before closing times, ugh!
    Would you like to compare London and Sydney on a pro's/con's list for me? Or make a post about Sydney altogether? I have never been to Australia yet, so I would love to hear about your city, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be hard (and almost unfair) to compare London with Sydney because London is so much bigger and busier (and better, but that's just my opinion). Sydney is more laidback, I suppose, and there's less to do. However, we do have the good beaches. I'll see what I can do about a Sydney post sometime, but I'll be quite busy for the next few weeks so I'm not sure when I can put it together!

      Delete
  3. I looooove London, I went to Camden on a busy day as well and just got so pissed off with the crowds that I ended up leaving. That's awesome that you're doing more travelling over Christmas, I am super jealous of you!

    elissiam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love Camden. You can never have enough time to wander around all the stalls and shops. Also, so jealous you visited 221B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe! I was in the British museum a couple of days ago! :) And I know what you mean about Camden! I'm long over due a trip there! x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in love with all of your Europe photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't been to London (yet), but yep, it looks amazing. I'm not too sure I could handle living there with that weather though.. but I wouldn't say no to an extended holiday :)

    Loved your travel photos xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhh london! such an amazing place with so many things to do. i just want to move there and try and explore the whole place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These pictures are wonderful! I have never been to London, but I am dying to visit! I love the architecture and the gloomy weather hhahah.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty pictures! I was in London a couple of years back; i loved it!

    x

    Marielle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pictures, I love London and your blog as well!:)
    Simona
    www.simimaus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a lovely post. I'm glad you enjoyed London, you certainly picked out some of the best places to go! Definitley gonna follow your blog xx

    http://belphoebeprince.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loove lOndon, hope to be back there soon!
    Great blog btw!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your travel snaps and 221B!!!! Ahhhh! :D
    Might have to make a stop there when I head to Camden in a couple of weeks xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wanderlust! I lost my heart in London (and I guess I'm not the only one), I'd love to go back :)
    Great pictures.
    xx

    http://golden-mirrors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. You know what funny fact is, I grew up in Poland, (now I live in Nederland) and I never seen the sea with so much ice and snow.

    One day I will see Australia! I think it is so much diffrent from Europa.

    Btw sorry for my english, it is not so perfect:P

    I like your blog! A little bit of everything!
    Nice pictures!

    greetings from Holland!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love London so much, I really should go there more. I only live an hour away and never seem to get around to visiting!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jane, you make me want to travel even more! I'd love to go to London soon! But I must, MUST save money for my summer holiday this year (I'm hitting Europe too, but then more the central of Europe, Prague, Berlin, Vienna, Bratislava etc)

    I love love love London, and the photos you took. What did you think of the Tate Modern? I'd love to go there because I heard it's really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your trip for this summer sounds amazing!

      I enjoyed the Tate Modern more than I expected to. I think, since you're probably a lot more into modern art than I am, you'd really like it, so definitely go there if you get around to London.

      Delete
  19. I love London too (who doesn't). But I haven't gone there for a couple of years (it's only a 1 hr flight from here)...I wish could afford to go there every weekend, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love all the pictures! You make me want to go there and St. James's Park is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow. London looks absolutely perfect, just as expected though! I want to live there when I'm older :') I love the 10th photo the best!

    ReplyDelete
  22. As soon as I saw the title I KNEW there would be a Baker St photo.

    ReplyDelete
  23. London is amazing. just that. wow. i love. just. everything.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Did you go to Kingsley Court in Carnaby St? It makes Carnaby St experience so much better - lots of cute little independant shops. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I don't think we did! Oh well, next time.

      Delete
  25. wonderful pictures, madame! i'm in love with london anyway - really should go there soon again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.