deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

March 18, 2012

A week in outfits

I've been really preoccupied with my clothes as of late (I'm getting vain...er), and I figured I'd take outfit pictures everyday for the last week. Two of them didn't make the cut, though, because I was at uni til quite late and it was too dark for a good photo when I got home.


My mum's shirt (which has found a loving new owner in the form of myself)...


...and my current favourite skirt and shoes combination.


New dress (I'll show a better picture sometime). The print is highly impractical, which probably explains why I love it.


Topshop flats. They're so comfy, although for some reason, they leave the soles of my feet stained blue.


10am sunlight is not conducive to good outfit photos, apparently. With my trusty Eastpak which isn't so trusty, because the top handle is hanging by a thread (well, several threads).


Uniqlo striped tee and leggings as pants for a gloomy Saturday spent studying (and hopping out to McDonalds for a Big Mac...).

I don't really have a flair for outfit photos, so this probably isn't going to be a regular thing (also because sooner or later I'm going to give in and just wear a hoodie and jeans every single day). I usually take them in my room, because if my parents were to catch me at it they'd ask a lot of questions I'd prefer not to answer ("What do you mean you're taking photos of yourself for people on the internet?").

While everyone in the northern hemisphere seems to be celebrating the arrival of spring, I'm itching for proper autumn weather down here! I want sunny days with cold air and to wear tights or jeans, but (as always) the weather has other things in mind.

26 comments:

  1. I looooove your Uniqlo tee, the colours are nice!! And the new dress is pretty damn awesome! Where did you get it?

    I like your outfits, they're casual, but not... t-shirt-and-jeans-casual. :) The sun in your pictures looks amazing, I want sun. We have grey, cold, boring weather. I want something more than 6 or 8 degrees celcius. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dress is from Dangerfield, it's one of the only Australian stores I like, haha.
      I suppose your winters can get a bit gloomy, after visiting I totally understand why everyone gets sick of it!

      Delete
  2. Oh your dress looks so pretty!
    Ah I can't believe you are looking forward to autumn, i was just going to say how jealous i was of the beautiful blue skies in your pictures, HaHa! Where I live in Scotland its just finally starting to break into spirng, thankfully!! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a lovely, feminine style. I love the loose shirt and skirt combination in the first image (the colours are lovely) and the stripey top is perfect for this time of year :)

    ♥mollie from musicandmollie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your second to last photo.. those boots are beyond rad. Love them! :D

    You take really good outfit photos, I'm jealous. I can never take them, for some super stupid reason they always turn out shitty. ._./ HA! Anyways, loved this post! c:

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHA me too, my parents wouldn't understand what fashion/ style blogging was about. So weird about how the shoes turn your feet blue :S they're cute tho! x misstea & co.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dress looks really nice on you :) And I'm so sad that it's Autumn here now, argh. I never know what to wear because the weather keeps changing >_>

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these outfit snippets! If I had any sense of style, I'd do them too! Thanks for stopping by my blog before, I really appreciate it! I've been following and looking through your amazing photos for ages & I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your style, probably because it reminds me of my own style and I am in love with myself. Do you watch Community? No one really likes Britta that much but I love her because I see myself in her. What uni do you go to, Sydney? I wonder if I've ever seen you around before...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never watched Community, everyone says it's amazing but I just haven't gotten around to it yet! I don't go to Sydney, I go to New South. I don't think I've ever seen/recognised another blogger in "real life" before, haha.

      Delete
  9. I use to always cut my hair, not just shoulder lenght but reeaally short. Ear-short. And i really love short hair but now I've decided to let it grow since I haven't had long hair for like 7 years or something ^^

    Very pretty outfits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes! Autumn weather is THE best, right along with Spring. Right now we're sort of experiencing that here, with a bit of rain thrown in every now and then... shakes things up a bit.

    Love that first outfit! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha I like to take outfit photos away from the questioning eyes of my parents as well ... tooooooo hard to explain to old people! I wish Uniqlo was in Australia :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely love these outfits! The first one's my favorite! I just discovered your blog and I really like it! I'm following you now! Hopefully you can check out my blog? :)

    love, Laura
    http://styleandsushi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the colour of your shirt & the print of your dress!
    Hmm, that's weird that the shoes leave the soles of your feet stained. Maybe it's the inner lining or something?
    Hahah, "What do you mean you're taking photos of yourself for people on the internet?" made me laugh! Same reason as to why I do it in my room too. I'd rather skip the awkward questions.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the outfit photos! You have an eye for a good image (: And I adore that floral dress, it's so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  15. hahah, the bit about your parents asking questions made me laugh.
    Mine would be exactly the same! Luckily I don't live with them :) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like that all of these clothes are in the same color palette, classic but still quirky! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, my entire wardrobe is basically black, white, navy and red.

      Delete
  17. i'm the same with outfit photos, i am SO LAZY with them. i used to take quite a lot but now i haven't in months and months, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the red and navy stripe top!
    xx
    http://confettifashionblog.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's funny, I can't wait to get out of my jeans and sport some short shirts or skirts for Spring :) I really like your dress, it reminds me of strawberries!
    Job search is just tiring, but I keep on looking! Thanks for your support!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have a great style and I loveee your blog! I'm following you now! xo

    gockyemma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.