deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

April 27, 2012

10 secrets

Last week, Nabzz tagged me to for the 10 Little Secrets Tag. This is one I haven't seen before, so it was pretty fun to do! Like Nabzz, I included pictures, but these are all old ones and I didn't have photos for all of them.

01. What is the one product which makes you feel like a million dollars?
I'm going to be unoriginal here and go with red lipstick.



02. What is your skincare secret / A passed down skincare tip?
Sleep. I get terrible cystic acne all over my face and a good night's sleep (think 10+ hours) makes it look so much better.

03. Share your haircare secret?
... I use kid's 3-in-1 shampoo/conditioner/bodywash on my hair. That is legit my haircare secret. Also I make sure it dries in a certain way so that my fringe sits properly. I haven't really thought about keeping my hair "healthy" in a while.



04. What's your biggest diet rule?
Try to get those fruits and vegetables in. Go ahead and eat the bad foods that you like, but be sensible about it. I don't know, I hate "diet rules" because they connect eating with guilt and that's pretty unhealthy, in my opinion.



05. Any work out tips?
Ha ha ha. I actually haven't formally exercised in about half a year. I should probably start swimming again, and because my timetable's changed for the better, I really have no excuse for not doing it. So my workout tip for the day is... actually work out.

06. Which perfume is your secret weapon?
I don't really wear perfume. One year I wore this Body Shop cherry blossom scent a lot. I used up a bottle and my mother bought me another... then I got sick of it. So I've got a full bottle of cherry blossom perfume left.

07. Show us an item of clothing which always turns heads.
I don't think it always turns heads, but maybe my swimsuit because it's bright red and most people wear bikinis to the beach, rather than one pieces. I love my swimsuit, it's by Esther Williams and I still feel guilty about how much I spent on it, but this stops when I put it on. One time at the beach, a nice elderly lady told me that she loved my swimmers and that I looked lovely. This made my life.



08. What is your most treasured piece of jewellery?
I don't wear jewellery. The closest thing is my "Europe watch" (for those of you who don't know, it's the watch I wore on my Europe trip and now I'm really sentimental about it).



09. Who is your style crush?
Blair Waldorf in season 1 of Gossip Girl, Jess from New Girl, Wednesday Addams and various bloggers.

10. Tell us something we don't know about you.
Right now I have "Up All Night" by One Direction stuck in my head... don't judge. Oh, if you want something beauty related, I got my brows waxed at the Benefit brow bar in Myer today. It's really expensive and I need to find a cheaper place (any suggestions from Sydneysiders?) but they work actual magic with my eyebrows.

I'm going to take the easy way out and tag everyone who reads this. If you do end up doing it, definitely leave me a link because I love reading things like this (I'm nosy).

I kind of disappeared in the last week... I got caught up in studying. I did my exam today which means I'm free... for the next three days. I intend to really let loose this weekend (i.e. stay up til 2am reading blogs) and work on my tip #02.

24 comments:

  1. What a nice post!
    I have quite bad skin and I know I should sleep a lot more but I just don't. I never sleep more than 6-7 hours during the weekdays and I think it affects my skin more than I even know. :( But I also use kid's shampoos haha! So great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's about how much sleep I get on weekdays as well, I always say I'm going to sleep more but I end up staying up later on the computer... so bad.

      Delete
  2. Jane I haven't seen you in forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, how have you been?

      Delete
  3. Aww i've seen this tag on youtube before and loved reading your answers! Might do it aswell.
    Have a lovely day!
    xo all the way from Paris :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you've included photographs in with these to sort of split them out, looks really good and a pleasure to read.

    I prefer all in one swimsuits too rather than bikini's. I think the all in ones show curves better and is overal more feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe I looove One Direction! :) I really like this post! I looove Jess in New Girl, her style's soooo goood!

    xoxo, Laura
    http://styleandsushi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg that swimsuit is SO perfect! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, I like this. I like your dietrule/work-out-tips. Hehe. And the whole post seems so nice. I really love your swimsuit too, I haven't bought any in two years (that's what bad summers do to me, so I need to buy a new one since I can't even find me old one anymore. ._.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to visit Australia, I have a bit of my kin there. Anyway, your blog rocks keep doing it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha you speak my language girlfriend! Loved this!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to read these things! You look very pretty in every picture!

    Xo, Imke

    ReplyDelete
  11. i definitely love the red lipstick too! makes me feel really special and somehow prettier :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your swimmers and old lady compliments are the best!

    I use perfume sometimes as a replacement for a shower, haha! I'm so fucking gross.

    Jess from New Girl! I love her and I like to sing the theme song and pretend it's about me.

    Don't be ashamed of liking terrible pop songs, I have had that stupid "Call me Maybe" song in my head for the last month.

    Also, is the brow bar actually good? I've never had my brows done and I want to keep them thick but neat, and I heard that brow bar people tend to leave the eyebrows thicker, but it's so expensive and when I went in to have a look the ladies there had terrible eyebrows.Let me see a close-up of yours!

    I love reading these things, so voyeuristic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't really got anything to compare the brow bar to, because I haven't ever had mine done anywhere else (I've been there twice). They can get my eyebrows looking wayyy better than I can ever, but that's not saying much haha. They usually ask if you want your brows a particular way, so you can tell them that you want yours thicker. Here's a close up of my face, felt pretty weird to be sticking my head so close to the webcam aha http://i45.tinypic.com/2rqly7o.jpg.

      Delete
    2. Oh, I like them! are they coloured in or non-coloured-in?

      Delete
    3. These were filled in a little bit at the middle ends (the ends closer to the middle?).

      Delete
  13. I love reading these things! I love your swimmers, they're so classy. And don't fret... I've got 'One Thing' by One Direction stuck in my head, hehe.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. i really like this! and i know some of your secrets, i guess.
    by the way, i make a (maga)zine called Spark. The third issue, The Journey, is already out. You can read it here http://issuu.com/spark_zine/docs/spark_issue__3
    It would be so lovely if you read it and email Spark what do you think about it.
    And if you want to contribute, just email Spark and tell what do you want to contribute (it could be writing, review, photograph, literally everything that you want to share).
    Thank you very much.

    Spark | email : sparkzine@rocketmail.com | twitter : spark_zine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh some interesting questions there ! :D Love the picture of the food and your "Europe watch" hehe :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute blog! I loveee all the pictures you post :)
    xx
    -Daysha http://dayshaprettylittlethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.