deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

May 4, 2012

Karaoke

Last weekend, I went for a bit of karaoke and food (always with the food) at Mizuya (this Japanese restaurant on George street, opposite the cinema) with a couple of friends. They have these karaoke rooms with a touch screen food ordering system, it's pretty fun! I also like this place for karaoke because they have the actual music videos for most of the songs, not the totally random ones you get with other places.


A lot of the menu options were seafood, which gives me breakouts, so I mostly nibbled on edamame beans and chicken karaage (I had to google the spelling for that) and these fried cheesy potato things (which I don't think is legit Japanese food). My friends really went in for the takoyaki though. The desserts there are also fun (especially if you like green tea ice cream... which I don't really. I know what you're asking, what am I even doing at a Japanese restaurent?).


Classic pop songs are always the best, and good to break the ice with. The only thing with this place is, they bring your food into your room and it's a bit embarassing if you're all singing (a better word might be shouting... or caterwauling) along to Britney at the top of your lungs.

Golden karaoke moments:
  • Not being able to get through Carly Rae Jepsen's Call Me Maybe properly because the guy in it is hot (is he going to be topless for the entire video?).
  • Discovering how tremendously enjoyable singing along to One Direction is, and feeling disgusted as a result.
  • Singing "My Heart Will Go On" with two people re-enacting that scene from Titanic... to have the waiter come in and ask if they could please not stand on the furniture.
The last week has been incredibly tiring for no specific reason. I'm off to bed early now because I'm going to have brunch (brunch! I'm going to end up having lunch afterwards anyway, I bet) tomorrow in the city at a time when I usually am only starting to wake up on the weekend.

19 comments:

  1. I love karaoke :D but I can`t sing :( everybody laughing at me:P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw no one sings well at karaoke! Bad singing is half the fun, haha.

      Delete
  2. haha I looove karaoke! Sounds like you had a lot of fun!

    xox Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm those drinks look amazing! I went to a One Direction concert in January and it was up there with one of the best nights I've had haha, not gonna lie, so fun to sing along to :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post made me laugh a lot! Especially the Call Me Maybe comment! The first time I saw that video, my boyfriend was sitting right next to me, and that was kind of a difficult situation, haha!

    And your evening sounds like lots of fun! Karaoke always brings up great memories!

    XO, Imke

    ReplyDelete
  5. This must be the first time where I've actually been to a restaurant that you're blogging about. I went after Speech Day last year and it was around 4pm-ish so they didn't have much aside from drinks and alcohol LOL. Have fun at brunch today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These photos are awesome.
    I liked it :))
    xx Iza

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahh mizuya is great! though i'm very doubtful about their fried cheesy potato things being japanese too, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, that sounds like a brilliant evening! And the photos already seem fun, but those golden moments sound hilarious! Fried cheesy potato things do sounds pretty nice tho, even if it's not actually... Japanese. :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a fun night! hahaha i have not been for karaoke with my friends for aaages. :( those golden moments sound hilarious! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks fun, I totally agree with you on the one direction fact haha!! Brunch, how exciting. If only weekends went for a little longer :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like such a fun night! :)
    Issy xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mizuya is the BOMB i went there for a birthday party once, so much fun and the menu is great too. I love their onigiri!
    If you liked Mizuya, you've been to Norita on Liverpool street just off george street? If not you should check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been to Norita once or twice, it's great fun, I love the concept!

      Delete
  13. I haven't done karaoke for years! But I think it's so much fun :) And those drinks you had look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is my favorite! there's this place in Korea Town in LA that has the coolest karaoke private rooms with disco lights, flat screens and everything. Plus they serve you Korean BBQ ribs and beer. Always have the best time xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wanna do karaoke so badly! I have only ever been once, with boring people who took it too seriously. I want to be a proper asian and drink hennessey green teas. Also, Call me Maybe is the greatest pop song in the universe. I don't care who knows it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the karaoke. :) one thing to do in the philippines... i love your blog! :)


    aurora

    rottennuke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.