deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

June 20, 2012

Black on black

... on black on black. My favourite colour combination at the moment is navy and red, but there's nothing wrong with a bit of (or a lot of) black.


So this is my Wednesday Addams dress in action. This coat and I go way back... 6 years, to be exact (I don't think I'd still fit in anything from before that). It's from Valleygirl (ha, used to be my favourite store). I'm very attached to it - I especially love the hood, because wearing it up makes me feel like a gangsta elf.


Dress by Alice in the Eve from General Pants, boots from Wittner. I would have gone for bare legs and flats, but it was cold and rainy in the morning. I actually wore a thermal under the dress as well...

My last exam is tomorrow, and I'm about to go to bed. In about 15 hours, I will be free (well, relatively) for three weeks, which I will definitely take advantage of. I daresay my friends and I will do the usual holiday thing and eat our way around the city. Bring on the winter lovehandles! Who am I kidding, they're already here (I just wikipedia-d "lovehandles" out of curiousity and it told me to go to "abdominal obesity". Way harsh). Better not get too excited though, still gotta get through a three hour prac exam in the morning.

23 comments:

  1. All the black works out wonderfully on you ! I've bought a brown dress from Valleygirl one time :)

    Good luck on your last exam. Haha, I know what you mean by just eating, all I've been doing all this vacation so far is eat eat eat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha black on black is pretty much my uniform ;)
    The coat is amazing, I can see why you still wear it after 6 years
    Wow, so jealous of you starting holidays so soon!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Gangsta elf" SO MUCH RESPECT FOR YOU RN and amen to navy + red.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, best of luck to you on your last exam and I hope you enjoy the short holiday that you get!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love colour blocking black on black on black on black.

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a lovely outfit,love black!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress is so lovely! I really need a Wednesday Addams dress :P

    And good luck with your exam!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck on your last exam darling!
    I usually wear all black. I own mostly all black clothing, and blues, and greys.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all-black.
    Aww haha "gangsta elf" :') the coat is really cute!
    Oooh, I forgot it was Autumn / Winter in Sydney. Glad you're wrapped up warm!
    Good luck on your last exam! Ahhh, that feeling of freedom is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha totally wednesday adams! when i try to pull that off i look like im in mourning, but you just look quirky and cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am an expert when it comes to black on black. You look so cool. :)
    Best ofl luck on that last exam. I remember that post exam freedom from my uni days... it was awesome! Enjoy every moment.
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. yes! i believe in black on black ;)

    your comment about gangsta elf made me laugh out loud! you make a cute gangsta elf, anyways x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe you're blogging and you have an EXAM tomorrow. That's dedication. I love this dress, and if I owned it I would totally wear it with black things, because everything in my wardrobe is black and white. Also "abdominal obesity" is really harsh! They're just love handles, shut up Wikipedia, you bully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha my policy is that I don't study too late into the night before an exam - my theory is, if I don't know it by then, I never will!

      Delete
  14. love the Wednesday look! <3 hahaha. late good luck wishes for your exams! hope they went well. :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhh, I love that outfit! Especially the gangsta elf-look with the hood up. I hope your exam went well! And I'm so excited for you to be free for 3 weeks. Hurrah for food! (hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love this outfit, reminds me of Wednesday Adams.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing! Simple yet so effective, I love your blog, hope your exams went well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh I love that coat! the dress is super pretty as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Something about the simplicity of this outfit makes it so cute ! :) So lucky you are on your break, can't wait for mine to start :P

    PS. 6 years from valley girl!? no way! most of my clothes from them don't last even 2 years ! :O!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hang in there!

      Haha it is surprising! I think I have a knack for preserving my clothes, even if they are from cheapo stores.

      Delete
  20. If this is from Valleygirl, then I guess it must be pretty good quality haha! And you're so lucky that you're having holidays now! I'm jealous of you, I would love to just eat my heart out with friends around the city :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This outfit looks really great on you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.