deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

December 11, 2012

Hello from NYC

Yes yes, I'm still alive! I got in on Friday but wasted the entire day because my luggage had been delayed and I didn't want to miss the person who delivered it (as you can imagine I just stayed home and stressed all day and of course it came at 5.30pm). It's day 4 and I'm completely exhausted and haven't done half the things I'd scheduled to do. I'm pretty jetlagged - can't sleep at night, but really tired during the day. Anyway, here's a picture from each of the things I've managed to do so far. I'll post all the pictures I took when I get home, I'm really slow with editing pictures on this computer.


MoMA on Saturday. I was in and out of there pretty fast, I'm afraid it may have been a bit wasted on me.


Walked down 5th Ave to see the Rockefeller tree. It was completely packed - my fault for going on a Saturday.


Kept walking to Bryant Park holiday market. I didn't actually buy anything, I mainly just hung around for the Christmas atmosphere.


Then I went on to Times Square. I know people consider it to be the worst of all tourist traps, but I love it, it's crazy!


On a gloomy, rainy Sunday I went down to SOHO for a bit of shopping*. I love all the buildings there.


When I was too tired to walk anymore, I caught the subway up to Union Square to check out the Christmas markets.


Today I spent the entire day at the Museum of Natural History. I wasn't really in the mood to do anything after that (I think my feet started hurting at 1pm).

*I know I said I was going to go shopping a lot, but so far I've only bought two shirts and a pair of jeans. I'm trying, I'm trying!

I have so much I want to pack in in the next four days, but I don't think I'll be able to get to everything. Early night for me tonight, gotta get my energy up! (Also, it was so warm today - 16C - I'm feeling seriously ripped off. I wanted snow.)

22 comments:

  1. Seeing pictures of nyc is so weird to me because I'm so used to it. Seeing this every single day. Hope you like it so far! And yeah the weather is kind of ridiculous now I don't think it will get cold for at least a few days =/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the photos! sorry to hear that you had a bumpy start but things seem to be looking up for you :) i'm on the fence whether i want snow to be there on not :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOHHH it looks so Christmassy. Are you staying in New York for Christmas? I am so jealous of your adventures, but I do hope the jetlag wears off soon!

    elissiam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find it so hard to shop in NYC because I just want to be out experiencing the city! In theory I want to check out the shops but the second I enter, I can't wait to be out of it. I love just walking around the neighbourhoods. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first picture is an artwork for Blue Picasso if I'm not mistaken. Your NYC trip sounds really exciting, there are markets everywhere it must be so nice because I do like hanging around market especially with those Christmas atmosphere.

    Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures, thank you for sharing this. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I just say how envious I am that you were able to see Starry Night? (;_;)

    I hope you'll be able to get used to the time there and maximize your trip! Can't wait to see more from you, but everything already looks like so much fun. And I hope you will be able to experience the snow, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's super exciting! Hope you're having a great time! And Starry Night!!!! Jealous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pictures are beautiful! Really.
    And it's not a shame to go to the touristic places when you're a tourist :)
    I'm looking forward to your photo spam~

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWYEAH! Van Gogh! Christmas atmosphere! SOHO! Wheeeeeeeeeeeee, this post is marvellous! I'm sorry to hear that you don't have any snow!! In Amsterdam it's all gone too. Very sad. :(

    Have loooooads of fun in the next days! I'm looking forward to your pictures when you're home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is amazing! (the third picture is incredible) I hope someday to visit NY. And look at all that Christmas spirit! Enjoy your time there, you're a truly lucky person. The Remembrall *

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh it looks so lively there! I hope your jetlag wears off so you can really enjoy it! Looking forward to seeing more of your photos - in particular the foody ones ^^

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. That Christmas tree looks really pretty. I wish I was there. ^^

    Satu
    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome to the States! New york must be so fun this time of year with all the festivities :) I've only been there in summer so I can't imagine what it looks like with snow and big christmas trees! Travelling is wonderful but also very tiring. I can definitely sympathize with all the jetlag but I'm sure you'll feel better soon. Have fun! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. NYC is exhausting. Period. Relax and take it easy! You'll enjoy it much more. I hope you get to check out the food scene there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful wonderful pictures! Jet lag does suck, a lot! And it's like by the time you get over it, it's time to leave. But you are enjoying your time so that's what matters :) Doesn't look like a lot of snow there, which is probably better so everything is more clear and not too cold so you can't enjoy different things.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I miss NY!! It just has a different feel to it than the rest of the world

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such gorgeous, gorgeous photos. I love NYC, the Rockefeller tree looks amazing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. ohhh i'm so jealous, new york is such a wonderful place! it's a shame when you don't have enough time to do all the things you want to do though, i think people can underestimate how many things are in that city and just how big it is! i know i did when i went and i've been dying to go back and spend a good month there ever since. hope you're having an amazing time!!

    littlehenrylee

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow! i am so envious! have fun in NY, Jane! <3 looking forward to seeing the photographs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Goodness, I love these shots. They totally make me miss NY! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. NYC looks so perfect. I don't think it is possible for a city like that to look far from perfect. I hope you're having an enjoyable time there and hopefully it snows <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.