deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

December 16, 2012

More from NYC

This is what I got up to in the second half of the week. I had much better weather! Pictures in black and white this time, because I'm so bad with editing on my laptop. More pictures and full colour when I get back to Sydney!


Visited the Guggenheim on Tuesday morning. I love the setup! Although the exhibition was Picasso: Black and White and I don't really like Picasso (sorry).


Afterwards I went for a stroll along the reservoir in Central Park.


Then, the Met in the afternoon. The place is huge and you'd need an entire day (probably more) to get through everything. I spent about three hours in there before I started getting bored and tired.


On Wednesday morning I checked out Grand Central station.


Then Top of the Rock at sunset after some 5th avenue shopping. The view was amazing. I can't wait to show you all the pictures I took.


On Thursday I went down to see Lady Liberty herself and took a walk through the Financial District.


Afterwards I popped up to West Village to get some cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery. This area is so lovely - definitely where I'd choose to live in Manhattan.


Strolled up to the High Line, which was better than I expected.


Chelsea Market, which was cool, but I didn't buy anything.


On Friday morning I went to the East Village, which is a neighbourhood I liked as well.


In the afternoon I went to Herald Square to do one last bit of shopping, and then I went up the Empire State Building. The views from Top of the Rock were better, though!

Unfortunately I didn't leave Manhattan at all. Oh well, there's always next time! Overall, New York was a fantastic experience. The next two weeks are family time; right now I'm actually at my aunt's place in North Carolina. I'm looking forward to a bit of a break, I'm feeling pretty drained. Will keep you guys updated!

11 comments:

  1. You took all those black&white photographs really well. Somehow B&W pics could delivers such a perpetual emotions about some places & I love these pictures. It looks like you're having so much fun! Thank you for sharing your trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO ENVIOUS of your adventures! Good work, you! I hope you are having an awesome time!

    elissiam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow!! how exciting! it looks like you're having a fantastic time. the photo of the statue of liberty is beautiful <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoaa, so nice! I'm curious for the pictures you took! Enjoy the two weeks of family and North Carolina and well... America ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so so jealous!! new york is the number one place i want to go back to right now, it's such an incredible place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New York looks so awesome, definitely on the list of places to visit in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you've had an amazing time in New York, I'm so jealous, as it's one of my favourite places in the world! The pictures all look gorgeous, too xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you went to so many great places! I love your shots :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still so jealous! Digging your photos, I love the B&W. Enjoy the family time for the Holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow NY looks perfect. Don't mind me I'm just going to live vicariously through your pictures :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.