deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

January 30, 2013

Chocolate Chantilly

Or, as it was introduced to me on Pinterest, the best chocolate mousse of your life in under 5 minutes and only 2 ingredients. I was intrigued, especially because you only need water and chocolate - no need to mess around with eggs and sugar. I did some research and found this Heston video going through the steps and how it works, and this page, which was helpful in explaining how much water in proportion to the chocolate you'll need.



The basic idea is to whip the chocolate/water mixture in a cold environment until it starts to change its consistency. I've made it a couple of times now, it's so easy! Some tips:
  • The nicer the chocolate you use, the better it will turn out. Apparently you need chocolate with a high cocoa content for this... I've been using IKEA dark chocolate (haha), which has 60% cocoa, I think.
  • At the stage where you've melted the chocolate and water together, add a pinch of salt to bring out the taste.
  • If you find dark chocolate too bitter, you can add some sugar at this point as well.
  • If you've been whisking for ages and it hasn't worked, cover the bowl and pop it in the freezer for about 15 minutes, then try again.
  • It's even better after it's set in the fridge for a while. It'll keep, and won't separate into layers or anything.
  • 100g of chocolate makes about 2 to 3 servings (it's very rich, you can only eat a bit at a time!).
Let me know how it turns out if you decide to try it! I've been doing lots of cooking and baking and such lately to pass time, so you might see some more of these posts from me.

20 comments:

  1. Oh my! xo

    http://www.vipxo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, this is so cool! And it looks soooooo delicious. I think I'll give it a try when I go to the grocery store next time. Hope your week has started off well :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo much chocolatey goodness - oh my...

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks yummy ! might try it soon :) you have a really lovely blog

    do you want to follow each other ? x
    comelycobber.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hm, looks great! I should try this out sometime! :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so yummy and easy to make. Would love to give it a try one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen this before a couple of years ago! I haven't tried it but it looks amaaaaazing. xo

    http://www.jenventure.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks delicious - and sounds so easy! I definitely want to give this a try (If I don't manage to eat all the chocolate first!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! Delicious! And hello~! I just get all giddy when I meet another person by the name of Jane! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a recipe exists!? I'd love to try this right now, ha ha. I wonder if it's possible to replace the water with milk? Or would that just make it chocolate milk, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you'd be able to do this with milk! It'll throw off the water/fat ratio or something haha.

      Delete
  11. Thanks for saying hi on my blog! What a novel idea - I never knew you could do this with chocolate. I'm definitely intrigued <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds too good & too easy! I will have to have a go haha! Hope you're well! xx

    www.satinandsouffles.com
    www.satinandsouffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh gosh your killing me! Just saw this and now have a major chocolate craving! hehe looks so yummy! xx

    http://ecobirdstyle.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  14. i'm not a fan myself but it's amazing what a couple of glass cups can do

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.