deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

January 15, 2013

New York iii + Aesthetic magazine

The last of my NYC posts (see part i and part ii). Just one day's worth of pictures... you'll see why...

Day 8

I went to East Village in the morning. I quite like this area as well, it feels kind of young and student-y and has lots of small vintage shops tucked into the bottom floor of (what seem to be) residential buildings.


Had chips (okay, fries) from Pommes Frites. I chose black truffle mayonnaise, which was really nice, but the fries were a bit too much for me and I only ate about half (I think this was when I missed my friends the most, ha ha).


After some more exploring, I took the subway to Herald Square, where Macy's and a whole heap of other stores are. After shopping around, I went up the Empire State Building. I decided to skip the last line and took the stairs up the last six levels. Bad idea, I didn't think I was going to make it.

Untitled  Untitled
Untitled
Untitled  Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
... I see now that I might have gone just a bit overboard with all these pictures. Please click the portrait ones for a larger size, they're much better that way! The weather that day meant the sunset light was really nice, so I had trouble choosing which to post. I was going to stay until it got completely dark, but in all honesty, I got a bit bored (to be fair, I was up there for about 2 hours!). I ended my last full day by accidentally taking another express train (in my defense, it was on the local platform) and just missing out on getting into the Post Office before it closed. If any of my friends are reading this, this is why you didn't get a postcard, even though I'd addressed them and everything. Maybe I should send them through Australia Post?

Overall, I had an amazing time in New York. I'd definitely go back one day and hopefully manage to venture outside of Manhattan. I'd say it's a really good place to travel solo, even though I was terrified when I arrived and may have cried on the first night. There are lots of people around all the time, and thanks to the amazing subway system which will take you anywhere (and really neatly organised streets in most of Manhattan), you won't get lost too easily (because being lost while on your own is the worst). I was going to do put together a mini-guide to New York, but I figured that everything I did was already covered by the three posts. Feel free to shoot me any questions, though!



Speaking of a guide I did do, Issue 3 of Aesthetic Magazine is out, featuring a Sydney guide by yours truly. I'm a bit late to the party because of the time it takes to get here, but it's still available. Best follow the Aesthetic blog for more up-to-date news!

25 comments:

  1. I've been loving your NY series lately. The photos are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved all the pictures you took in NY! So glad you did that! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the picture with the "v" shaped building! :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. View from the Empire State is amazing! Ah yeah I really love NYC because you can do so much by yourself (and a good book) and not feel a bit lonely. It is pretty hard to get lost because the streets are so organized! I really wish more cities were built like this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos are really amazing, I'm happy you included them all (: New York is definitely on my list of must-see places.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm off to New York in a months time and I can't wait! These photos have just made me even more excited xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been love love loving your New York posts! When I went I only spent a few short hours in East Village but felt the same vibe from it. It felt way more lively than West Village and had so many great restaurants on each corner. God I want to go back so bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. really enjoyed your NY posts, though I know your making everyone wish they could go there is a second. you went alone? mad

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey thanks for your comment ♥ I want to go to NY so badly but I "have" to travel to some more Asian countries first hehe ;D I like how your pictures catch the atmosphere really well. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I looove these photos! I really want to go and visit New York now! :) x Laura

    http://styleandsushi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you had a great time in New York! The pictures and views of the city are phenomenal. You've got me that much more giddy about my trip later this year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhh this series makes me miss New York! Your photos are great. And a HUGE congratulations for being published!! This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah! The skyline photos are so amazing. Seeing your posts makes me want to venture off to NYC in 2 weeks time - which is also when school starts haha. And congrats on your feature in Aesthetic Magazine again :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ugh, so desperate to get to New York. Hopefully next year! These are lovely pictures (and those chips are looking amazing to someone on a horrible diet!) x
    that-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfect photos! There is no such thing as going overboard! You should take all the pictures you can (with an extra battery and memory chip in your purse haha). Sometimes I take 20 photos on the same street, don't you feel like sometimes you have to get every inch you can? xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. aaah New York ... can't wait to go back. though less excited for school to start haha. these pictures are stunning, and i'm glad you like the East Village. One of my favorite part of the city, and where so many amazing little restaurants are located!

    xx
    www.chasingthmoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. those pictures are lovely! I especially love love love the black and white one of all the skyscrapers...beautiful! those french fries look so yummy too.
    congrats on being published! sounds so exciting xx

    a thousand million words

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whoaaaa Jane, so magical! Those pictures are wonderful!! Seeing it getting dark! And just the mere fact you've been up there for 2 hours, kudos. Really.

    Ahw, it's another time you get featured in a magazine! I've been out of reading magazine far too long. Maybe I'll get myself a copy sometime! It looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh man, I wish I could one day visit New York, dreams... I hope you will visit my blog! Angelina xx
    bonjourangelina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Photographs from your NY series are lovely! Thank you for sharing it with us. Hopefully, someday I'll get a chance to visit the city :) And you did a wonderful job on the magazine :) I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your blog ! What about following each other? Also on bloglovin and fb if you want...just let me know :3 <3

    NEW POST UP!

    www.ontomywardrobe.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.