deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

December 2, 2013

Here and there

First order of business - new layout! It took me ages cause I hadn't touched CSS for two years, as I loved my old layout so much. But it was definitely time for a change, so here it is. I spent about 5 hours working on the stupid sticky navigation bar up there, I still don't entirely understand the code. Hoping it works for everyone, it would be great if you let me know if there are any problems (is the font too hard to read?).

Secondly - thanks for all the well wishes for exams. I could have done better, but I think I did enough, and it's over now anyway. I've (finally) replied to the questions in the last post and will sit down tomorrow and have a massive comment-returning session.

So here are some phone photos of what I've been up to following exams. I'm actually more tired than I was while studying from running around trying to catch up with everyone (don't know what that says about the quality of my studying). To be fair I've been off my feet with work and trying to organise everything for Europe!


Dinner at Grill'd with really nice Rekorderlig slushie (served with popping candy?).


Walking back to the city / desserts.


Is it weird that I've always loved the QVB bathrooms? I've been trying out the side-pony.


QVB Christmas tree. Okay, now that my exams are over everyone has permission to look forward to Christmas.


More QVB Christmas.


On the ground in the city / Tacos at El Loco.


Basically everyone who sits in this park is eating gelato Messina / dug out my long-abandoned red jeans.


Martin Place Christmas tree.

I'm leaving for Europe on Thursday so I've been madly trying to get everything organised. We're going to Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague, Munich, Paris, London and Edinburgh. Suggestions for what to do and see in those cities will be much appreciated :)

30 comments:

  1. Wowie, first of all your new lay out is clean and
    neat, and its working fine with me + the nav bar c:
    The mall decoration in Christmas theme is
    lovely!! Love the picture of the dessert! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pictures. :)

    Visit my blog: I AM JENNIYA
    P.S. I have 2 Giveaways on-going now sponsored by OASAP & RoseWholesale.
    Click H E R E to join.
    Click H E R E to join.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the new look of your blog! Have fun in Europe, it sounds like a trip of a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new layout! You have some mad skills there - it looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I already commented on the layout but nice one on the old CSS. It ain't easy, proper trial and error.

    Love the shot over the balcony and nice boots wearing in!


    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
  6. New layout looks good!! Makes me want to revamp as well hahahhaa. And yeah I just finished my last exam and I feel SO GOOD and now I can actually look forward to the rest of the holidays. Have fun in Europe!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The more I see of Australia the more I fall in love... I want to go there! I hope you have fun in Europe :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the food looks scrumptious! So tempting x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So jealous that you're going on a trip to Europe! I can't wait to see the photos you take!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, I like the snazzy new layout! I suddenly feel like revamping my one even though I just changed it, haha. Have a great time in Europe by the way, it sounds like it'll be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving the layout and the colour scheme (I've also unsuccessfully tried to the the top bar, so I gave up). I am really looking forward to seeing the photos of your adventures in Europe! Yay, exams are over! I'm super excited for Christmas, after my last exam I hung out in QVB marvelling its Christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so jealous that you're going to Europe!!
    I hope you have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Changes are so nice! I really really LOVE the new look, it's so fresh and clean! I could not stand the sticky bar at the top, also took me hours, so I just got rid of it because it was acting funky.

    How amazing for your Europe trip, so jealous, can't wait for photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the yummy photos and the new layout! Ugh, I totally feel you about the navigation bar. That was also my hardest part to code in my layout, haha. It looks great though!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the cuffed jeans with the black boots--if I may ask, who makes those boots?

    ReplyDelete
  16. The layout is lovely! I think the font is ok :) I can read it fine and I'm basically blind!

    Super excited for you getting to go to Europe I hope you have a lovely time, and that christmas tree is epic!

    Furnish Box - Design, Interiors & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't but agree with everyone who is digging you new layout. I luurve that sticky bar. The only 'problem' I had is that somehow this standard google translate bar turns up on the same spot when I open your blog, so I only realized you had the sticky bar when you mentioned it. But that's no real problem, I can click that one away as I know how to read English :p I'm happy for you that your exams are all over. And so excited your trip is almost starting. As far as I know the weather's not going to be really cold... just a bit autumnal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I hadn't thought of the auto google translate bar! Unfortunately it's out of my skill set to be able to work around that, haha. I'm glad the weather's going to be kind (although autumnal for you might feel like something completely different to us).

      Delete
  18. AHHH lucky you! Europe!? Okay I ahve all these comments to make.
    1. I love how fresh and clean your layout is, the sticky bar is great. (Drop down menu is great!!)
    2. I'm sure you are just being harsh on yoruself and you did better than you think.
    3. I must go to grill'd now, I didn't know they had slushie with popping candy. Looks good!
    4. I love QVB toilets, go to the top floor - the womens' toilets are amazing
    5. Europe ideas - I usually go on pinterest, and search up the cities and you'll get nice photos of things and you work out where they are. Or look up guides on lonely planet, trip advisor, blogsearch etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1 & 2 Aw thanks.
      4 is that the one with the crazy mirrors? Haha that one is wild!
      5 oh I hadn't thought of pinterest.

      Delete
  19. i love your new layout! and that christmas tree. wow!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The new layout looks so chic! <3 Have a wonderful time in Europe as I know you will. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aaah I love your new layout! I just wanna steal it already.

    I feel you - QVB bathroom mirrors are the best haha. They actually makes me look taller.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like the view of a Christmas tree and beautiful green trees haha ! In Poland, unfortunately, it's cold and the leaves fall from the trees, but we've snow :) nice photos , kiss

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the new layout! And your pictures look amazing as always :) especially those desserts!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Blog is looking lovely! And wow that popping candy slushie looks so good. Beautiful pictures as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Have an amazing time in Europe! Prague is one of my favourite cities. A stroll along Charles Bridge is a must. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.