deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

December 4, 2013

Packed again

So we're leaving tomorrow! I'm sort of freaking out, I'm always really nervous and stressed while travelling (each week probably takes a year off my life). At the same time, I definitely wouldn't be happy not being able to travel. Because I like to torture myself. Anyway, like I said in the last post, we're going to Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague, Munich, Paris, London, and Edinburgh over the next month or so. I've packed similarly to last year's US trip, but I didn't feel right not doing a final see-you-later sort of post. I hate that these pictures are terrible quality but I didn't have the time to take nicer ones.


My standard clothes, plus a merino thermal underneath (not shown) and my mother's down parka, which has been a lifesaver.


Sneak peek at my carry-on. Everyone raves about The Book Thief and since the movie's coming out I thought I'd give it a read.

I'm starting to regret choosing to use a backpack over a suitcase. A backpack's probably most practical for us, but right now it's almost full and I don't know how I'm going to fit all the shopping I'm planning to do in there. I might end up having to buy a rolling suitcase in London or Edinburgh.

As for around here, I've got a couple of backlogged posts queued up so it won't be too quiet, and I'll probably do some clumsy updates from my phone when I can. See you when I see you!

22 comments:

  1. Omggg you are coming to my country (NL) c:
    Pack lots of warm clothes cuz it will be really
    cold! Wishing you a wonderful and safe flight ^^
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness so jealous!!! You're going to have so much fun, and I get the same way before a big trip too, like I start getting really bad acid reflux but it settles once I get to the place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg! have a great time! hope you take lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. have fun! stay safe. i'm sure you'll have a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GOOD LUCK GOOD LUCK!
    I'm sure yyou will have the most spectacular ending of 2013. Travelling while young is the best time to do so (according to everything I've read). I'm super jealous and I'm sure you'll be taking photos so share when you get back :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wicked time dude, what a nice month to be doing it in! You'll love Edinburgh!

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have a great trip! See you:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you have a wonderful time and a safe flight! It's 'Sinterklaas' today in Holland so it's a bit weird in our country these few days I you were wondering. I hope you'll get to see as many Christmas markets and places as possible. I'm sure you'll love Edinburgh! Make tons of pictures!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you had a good flight, the storm is quite strong today! Take care and enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amschhhterdam! Awesome :)
    If you want some recommendations you can always e-mail me ;)
    Have fun exploring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow!!!! omg, i'm so jealous! this makes me want to travel... i've always wanted to see amsterdam. i hope you have an amazing time.. take load of pictures of course :) safe travels. can't wait to hear all about it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you have a great trip; take a lot of pictures and eat a lot of goodies! Stay safe too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you are enjoying your travels, and your book!

    ReplyDelete
  14. have the most amazing time!!! :) the backpack vs suitcase is always a bit of a dilemma because a backpack you have to actually carry everywhere, but they're easier to get up stairs and rolling a suitcase around on cobblestones is super annoying. so you can't win either way really, but i'm sure you're going to have the best time away, lucky you!

    little henry lee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw sounds like loads of fun! Hope you have an amazing trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have fun on your travels! Love the basics you picked out ;)

    Joyce @ carouselstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. First of all the new layout is very swish! CSS is a real pain in the bum, I've been wanting to create a new layout for my blog too, something a little more modern but perhaps in the new year!

    I really like your blue dotted shirt, it looks lovely. I'm not a massive traveller either, I'm always very anxious thinking I've forgot this and that. Hope you inform of how it all goes, I reckon you'll have an ace time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have a wonderful trip ! :) I can only speak for London, but I'm sure you'll have an amazing time - London doesn't get any prettier than in December :)

    Hayfa
    www.londonloafers.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Packed packed! I'm so excited for you! Every time I come to your blog I get so happy, looks good, I know I said that already. I'm so ready for the posts of your fun time :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.