deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

January 13, 2014

Europe haul (literally)

A break from the travel photos to show you what I bought this time around. I say "literally" because I had to carry all this on my back. Tip from me: if you're looking to curb your shopping when you travel, ditch the wheeled suitcase and use a backpack. I didn't buy any clothes until we got to London, because anything I bought would have just been more weight I would have had to haul around. Still, I'm pretty sure I have done some sort of permanent damage because my back is still sore and occasionally spasms...


From (you guessed it) Uniqlo, a chambray button-down and a pair of jeans. I'd been looking for a chambray shirt in the right wash (the colour is a bit off in this picture), and I found it in the men's section. It's actually the best fitting shirt I own. I'm putting myself on a button-down ban now; no more! The jeans were a bit of an unnecessary buy as well, but Uniqlo does such well-fitting jeans (with free alterations) for such a good price point I thought I'd buy a backup for my other black skinny pair. These ones are superstretchy with a higher rise than my other ones, so they fit even better.


A new coat from Zara! I was looking for a navy wool coat for a while, and after looking in Zaras in every city we visited I came across this one in Munich, but waited to buy it on sale in London (where the sales are amazing). I love the tartan lining, inside pocket, and odd anchor button on each sleeve.


French pharmacy skincare - Effaclar H and Dermablend I'm already using, but I picked up Aquaphor for any cracked lips emergencies and Cicaplast Baume because the original Cicaplast has been such a miracle. I was also convinced by Wai Lam to buy the mascara at the Boots 3 for 2 sale - I'm going to branch out into mascara, because I've become too lazy to do eyeliner (which I feel takes more effort).


The souvenirs. Yes, food containers count as souvenirs. I don't know why I went with this heavy as hell gluhwein mug when there were smaller, cuter ones in the market. The pin is from the Pinakothek der Moderne in Munich, to match the pin from the Met I have. We also did the Harry Potter Studio tour, where I spent £8 on a chocolate frog (what was I thinking) and Wai Lam bought me these adorable Hogwarts house crest pins for a Christmas present.

Just when I finished unpacking, I have to pack again - I'm going to be leaving for China in about a week (I know I forgot to mention this) for a two week trip with my mum. I haven't been to China in almost ten years now, and I've only ever gone to Shanghai before so I'm looking forward to seeing some other cities while we're there. My Shanghainese is rusty and my Mandarin is horrific so I suppose this is a good chance to practice (my mother has threatened to make me do all the talking). I'm taking my laptop with me and will hopefully be able to post from over there (if I can get around the block), so my internet self should still be around.

26 comments:

  1. I love that Zara coat! Zara's tailor fits are superb. As a student, HOW do you find the means to travel this often?! I'm so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live at home and I am pretty much a hermit during term so I don't spend much money during the year! I live for the summer holidays haha.

      Delete
  2. We're jeans twins. I just got my Ultra Stretch pair back from the tailor's and they're lovely. Midrise for the win! I love that I don't have to worry about flashing the world when I bend or move!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the denim!

    Erin // beingerin.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love the clothes you picked up! I'm a tad obsessed with Uniqlo and would probably go crazy if it really does open in Sydney, haha. I'm a bit jealous of your chocolate frog by the way, although I'd probably be too precious about it to ever eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your buys are excellent! Can't wait to see you in them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice coat! Omg, chcocolate frogs? :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the items! I always try to never pack a full case and bring an extra bag along to bring new things back, or the other option and less appealing is to send a box or two back to avoid extra charges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to visit Harry Potter World and just buy everything, and relive my keen potterhead self from my mid teens. (I'm still a fan, but being fresh then was probably much more exciting)

    www.rosa-dyn.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, food definitely counts are a souvenir, haha! I definitely have that chocolate frog sitting somewhere on my desk. I love the shirt too :) By the way, do you have an Instagram?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely buys ! :) When travelling around many cities backpack sure is better solution. And then souvenirs should be lightweight items. Poor back <3 When I was little and Harry Potters were "the new big thing" we used to have some candy in our stores, like those Bertie Bott's every flavour beans. I think I got garlic once.. :,D

    x Satu
    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the souvenirs you've bought!
    Especially the coat! The lining looks very pretty :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your haul! and that zara coat is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My brother in law is working in China right now. I really wish I had the funds to go visit him, we haven't seen him since he came home in August.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Uniqlo is just the best ain't it, it's the only shop I need. Oh flip, China, nice one!


    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
  15. ooo China is going to be fun! I told myself that next time I go back to China, I would only pack toiletries since the shopping is so fab.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh I absolutely love the Zara coat and lucky you for a visit to Shanghai! I'm sure you'll take some great photos, China is pretty interesting haha :).

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have fun in China! I was just up there this summer and it was fantastic. Eat lots of excellent food!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. All of this is lovely but I especially like that gorgeous navy coat. Have a wonderful time in China. :) I'm so envious of your travels! <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Woah is that how much chocolate frogs are now? I remember my mom getting them from town 5 for £1 at the market haha! It's like festivals though I imagine where they can charge £4 for a drink that is say 50p in local shops.

    Your items are stunning, I especially like the zara coat. I'm looking for a similar one, perhaps a grey as navy is always my first colour option so I need to start branching out a little or else everything I wear is going to look the same!

    Thanks for your comment also! I know what you mean, I wear plasters too although when I've gone bare foot with plasters before they tend to just rub/fall off which isn't great in town. Need some of those invisible socks I think

    ReplyDelete
  20. I also spent £8 on a chocolate frog from the harry potter studio tour so I feel your pain! at least the packaging is nice though!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those are some great finds. UNIQLO is this store/brand that I've always admired but don't own much from. I've only been to the one in Hong Kong, so maybe it's due to location. I wish it was closer to home! The Zara coat looks great and comfy. I love the detailing.

    At least the packaging for the chocolate frogs looks nice, £8 or not :P

    Have a good time in China. I'm sure you'll have some interesting stories to share :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh wow, lucky you coming home from europe and going straight on another holiday to china, i'm super jealous! and i'm actually really impressed at your restraint but i guess using a big backpack would put you off shopping cause it would get so heavy. when i was in europe a few years ago i went for 2 months and had to post home a huge box of stuff i'd bought, haha.

    little henry lee

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can't believe I've never been to Prague. I need to! Is it really expensive in terms of food and going out?

    Joana x
    When You Dream Big

    ReplyDelete
  24. Have fun in China, I'm jealous of your chocolate frog!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the chocolate frog, safe travels

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.