deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

February 21, 2014

China & HK haul

So here's what I bought when I was over in China (and Hong Kong for 2 days!). Not the best effort, but I think I was all shopped out from Europe (where we shopped every day). The two in the middle were definitely impulse buys borne out of a desperate desire to buy something (which is always dangerous) but since they're mine now I'm going to enjoy wearing them.


  • Scarf from a random stall in Shanghai - I'd been looking for a big navy knitted scarf for ages and I finally found it here. There was a tiny defect in it so my mother managed to bargain it down to $7AUD.
  • Contrast collar shirt and grey trousers from Uniqlo (Shanghai) - Trousers I had been looking for, the contrast collar shirt just because it was pretty. It's rayon, which drapes more nicely than cotton and lower maintenance than silk. I got it in about half a size too large, because in my experience rayon shrinks in the first wash.
  • Loafer socks from Uniqlo (HK) - I feel like these were a valid buy... also I managed to buy from Uniqlo off three different continents this season, without even visiting one of them. They need to start paying me for talking about them so much.
  • Striped dress from Muji in HK - I usually just admire the clothes in Muji because they're weirdly expensive, but it wasn't the case in Hong Kong. So I bought this dress. It's going to be my winter ugly dress, it's as flattering as a sack but I love it (I will show you when the weather cools down).
Hm, I haven't really been in a blogging mood lately. Uni's not exactly busy right now but it's all very different stuff this year so I've been busy trying to get everything organised and started for my research project. We'll see how things go!

14 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, when you shop because "I have to buy something" attitude is the worst. Everytime I'm in a new place, city, I am so persisted to buy anything. When I unpack at home I am left with weird knick knacks I'd never wear or use... But even though you say you did just that, your purchases seem like great investments for your wardrobe!

    www.rosa-dyn.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the colors here. Can't wait to see that Muji dress (is it 3/4 sleeve or full?) I was thinking of buying one from the newly opened LA Muji, but I was afraid of the sack effect on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's full sleeve. Ah technically it looks terrible on me but it's so comfortable, haha.

      Delete
  3. That's odd, I'd say Muji is one of the cheapest (in which would be considered decent quality) in the UK, about the same as Uniqlo. Some solid buys here Jane.


    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the justification for your purchases. I wonder if your wardrobe is like mine and mainly navy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is definitely starting to veer towards mainly navy territory!

      Delete
  5. I like those clothes. I think it would be fun to shop in different countries and see how each place is different and how different the fashions are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the contrast collar on that button down. And I definitely have had those times when I buy something on vacation because I feel like I should. I usually regret it though, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really lovely finds. :) It's nice that you got a discount from the scarf, since defect doesn't really show! I work in retail so I know it's a lot cheaper for the shop to give small discount of slightly damaged item than to throw it away completely (since that's what usually happens) :) Better for the environment too, heh.

    Thanks for your recent comment! ^^ I guess it's Sunday over there alreadym so have a lovely one x

    Satu
    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you picked up some nice things. I like the school girly vibe to all of these pieces a lot. And i think it is completely fine if you do not feel much like blogging these days. Do what your heart and mind tell you and try not to stress about the rest.

    rae of lovefromberlin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi dear!! Good morning :)
    I really like your blog and the style i see on it!!
    Come to see mine, and my new post "She loves you"
    http://peaceinmyshoes.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the contrast collar shirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all of these things. And I'd probably seriously buy them all as well.. I'm so excited for your China and HK photos! And I just spotted your new picture in the sidebar, you look so cute! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.