deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

May 10, 2014

Striped sack

And BOOM! All of a sudden, the weather got cold. It's almost impossible to get out of bed in the morning now, and and I have to wear two hoodies/sweatshirts as I sit at the computer at night. In Sydney we're pretty lucky with our mild winter, but our buildings weren't made to retain warmth and indoor heating is not a thing. Not complaining though, because I get to start pulling out all my winter clothes!

zara navy coat
Debuting the wool coat I picked up from Zara in London (it's also in Zara Sydney now!) and striped dress from Muji in Hong Kong. Also featuring Chelsea boots from Dune. I've worn this outfit about three times this past week...


I think I'm jumping the gun with the coat, though, because I always take it off in the middle of the day - still a bit too warm for 80% wool. This is the coat with an inside pocket, but I always forget I've slipped my phone in there and have a moment of panic while searching through my bag.

muji striped dress
This dress was actually an impulse/desperation buy in Hong Kong, but I have no regrets at all. The shape and the horizontal stripes make this the least "flattering" dress ever, but I have previously made my thoughts known about the concept of "flattering" clothing. It's super comfortable and has pockets (!!!). It's made from a heavy cotton knit so definitely a cooler weather dress, and it'll be easy to slip a thermal on underneath as we go into winter.

16 comments:

  1. This is the perfect winter outfit in my mind! I don't believe in flattering clothes either the baggier the better as far as I'm concerned (more room to eat in!). Hope you're keeping warm!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "more room to eat in" heck yeah!

      Delete
  2. You look nice c: Nice wintercoat as well!
    Keep yourself warm Jane ^__^ Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your Chelsea boots. And that Muji dress is very stylish. Pockets are a great detail and can be quite useful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That coat looks so good on you! I really wish more women's coats had inside pockets, it makes for a much more dramatic effect when whipping out your phone or wallet haha. That dress is great too, it makes me really want a sweater dress of my own now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha will definitely try to whip out my phone dramatically next time.

      Delete
  5. I love your dress! I think it looks fab on you, even if it isnt something which would traditionally be considered flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think they dress is really nice you know, i don't agree, i think it's very flattering on you. so how cold is it then, are you being a big girl? didn't realise it got so cold in OZ.

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Compared to the UK, probably not cold at all... *hangs head in shame*

      Delete
  7. I love this coord! And how cold has it been in Australia seriously? It really was out of nowhere! into am especially loving that Muji dress. It's baggy but still stylish and doesn't veer into 'another striped shift dress, ugh!' territory. Muji is pricey though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your coat!! Winter, I-I've had enough... Hope you keep warm and have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man, I totally want to steal your outfit. I love that dress, and I definitely agree with Nina's comment on top of here... more room to eat in! And I love your look on body image etc. Just wear what you feel most comfortable and happy in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. YES I love this. It got cold so suddenly! But I am not complaining in the slightest.

    Kirsten | kirstenlearns.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stockings, boots, and jackets will always beat shorts and tank tops for me! Cold weather clothing is so wonderful and I love your outfit Jane :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This dress looks very comfortable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.