deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

June 6, 2014

Endless summer

I haven't done one of these in a while, so here's a round-up of all the miscellaneous photos I took over autumn, a.k.a summer 2.0, because the warm weather just wouldn't let up. No kidding, in the last two weeks of autumn it was basically low-mid 20s everyday. I feel totally ripped off, I want to bring out my outerwear! But it's starting to cool down now, finally.


Crazy sky during a sunshower I got caught in on a run.


More waterfront biking.


Hot chocolate at Max Brenner (we got this really thick one that tasted like plastic) / wearing my glasses for a disguise.


Burger feast at The Dip at Goodgod.


Affogato at Oliver Brown. The world needs more chocolate cafes where we can sit for a good 2 hours talking about politics and boys.


Felling down? Head to the local pet store / My favourite phase of the moon (well I like a full moon too).


Tried Anita Gelato at Central Park. It was okay, I need to go again before giving a well-informed verdict / more Max Brenner and disguises.


Feeling super classy in my stripes and trench coat as I make the 2 minute bike ride down to the post box.


Food date with Deborah - bruschetta and chilli cheese fries from Lord of the Fries (don't know why I got a large, we almost died eating all that).


Buildings around World Square / uni uniform.


I love it when they give you bread when you're not expecting it / salted caramel gelato, because I couldn't find salted caramel froyo.


At Pier 2/3 for a Sydney Writer's Festival talk / just a regular day in the CBD.


Pie and mash at Le Pub, because I'd heard they did good pies. It was okay, I still like Harry's Cafe de Wheels better. The pub is sort of French themed, a bit bistro-y, but it was State of Origin that night so more pub-ish than I usually appreciate.

WHO'S EXCITED FOR THE WORLD CUP? I am super pumped, I love the World Cup. I wish I were going this year, but I couldn't get anyone to come with me and I didn't want to go alone. No high hopes for Australia, since we're going in as the lowest-ranked team there and we're in the same group as Spain, the Netherlands, and Chile. But I'm still excited for all the cold 2am nights, wrapped in a blanket on the couch, eating leftover pizza, while watching the matches. I'm hoping there'll be some big screens for the public set up around the city and maybe watch a match or two there, just for a fun atmosphere (and I'm not too keen on sports bars/pubs).

36 comments:

  1. i am excited for the world cup as well but a little disheartened at how many marginalized folks it has negatively affected. but i guess it's like that with all global sports affairs and such. but it's definitely exciting times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I heard about that :\ it's really sad, apparently the Brazilian government hasn't been dealing with everything very well.

      Delete
  2. I remember when Australia got soooo close to winning back in 2006!!! But I don't think I'm gonna get into it this year. But hope the results turn out amazingly.
    www.rosa-dyn.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, that photo of the sky literally made me gasp out loud. You take so many gorgeous (and yummy) shots. Also, those sunnies are pretty darn cute on you, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad I wasn't the only one that felt ripped off by the weather! Everyone acts like it's some kind of miracle when all I really want is an excuse to buy more winter clothes, haha. I like your glasses by the way, they suit you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad the weather is finally a lot cooler now. The burger at the Dip looks really good! I haven tried it yet though. Did you like the food??

    Not a sports fan but so many of my friends are really excited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The food's okay, very junky (like hot dogs etc) if you like that stuff :)

      Delete
  6. SO much good food you've been eating. I'm droolllinnggg. I'm pretty excited for the world cup as well!! Rooting for Germany and being worried. I think I'm going to be missing most of it while in Mexico, but still, something fun to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm Max Brenner. It's as if I wasn't hungry enough!

    Lovely photographs.

    Naturally Jes

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoy these kinds of posts you do! That first photo is amazing (I secretly love being caught in rainstorms when I'm out exercising). And this sentence--The world needs more chocolate cafes where we can sit for a good 2 hours talking about politics and boys.--is pretty much golden haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am excited for the World Cup too! Although, I feel the same as you do with Australia but with England, I don't see us winning so I think I'll probably just root for Spain instead ;]. For me, low to mid 20s is just the right temperature. I would gladly swap weather with you! It's supposed to be Summer here but still feels Autumn-y.

    P.S. I love your tortoiseshell sunglasses and left-over pizza is THE BEST! Hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i've always thought australian winter is a joke... here it's shorts and crop tops at 17 degrees celsius because nobody knows when the "heatwave" is going to end, haha.
    love your shades btw! and i wish i had the money to eat out as often.. :'-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha the Australian winter definitely is a joke, especially by comparison to your one!

      Delete
  11. So many delicious food photos in one post! I'm in heaven! I'm not much a football fan but I am looking forward to the world cup - it's so awesome that sports events pull the world together and we're all excited about the same event at the same time! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's one of the main draws of the WC and Olympics etc, you watch everything live and you know there's a million other people experiencing the same thing as you!

      Delete
  12. It's funny that you are wishing for autumn to start whilst I feel I've been ripped off a bit for my summer! Fancy a swap? Haha. Also I really appreciated the abundance of chocolate cafes whilst I was in Australia. There needs to be more in the UK!

    Saskia / girlinbrogues.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah all your food photos look delish. Have an amazing time a the World Cup!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your summer looks delicious. I shouldn't look at your food posts at work before lunch--it's just evil.
    You also inspire me to look for a pair of Chelsea boots this fall...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Chelsea boots are my go-to shoes, I can't function without them haha.

      Delete
  15. The photos are great! Also- I am so jealous of all that food... x
    www.totalmodisch.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha most of the time people would be yearning for warm weather! I actually am enjoying the cold weather in Melbourne right now. It is so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow, I feel you! I always, always feel like that around september... After summer I feel like wearing lots of sweaters and layers and everything warm and woolly....ish. I love these snippets of your life. Your hair has grown out really pretty! And that first picture is just really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Totally digging the summer post! The weather here has been kinda, I don't mind the rain because it's keeping the temperature down. Hope you get the weather you want soon! And Louise is right, your hair looks sooooo amazing! Hooray for the World Cup, my cousin will be there for it, I'm so sad I could not go either :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your pictures! Suddenly I have a strong hankering for gelato.... Ah this makes me long for summer. We are only on the cusp of summer so I would gladly take some hot days versus the autumn like weather we're having. But I do have to admit, the fall is my favourite time for clothing. I can't get enough of leggings, comfy sweaters and trenches. I hope you're cooler weather comes soon

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning photos! Love the one of the sky.

    http://audreyallure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the photos! Looks like such a fun summer. :) Especially because of the gelato ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I AM IN AWE OF YOUR SRS PHOTOGRAPHY SKILLZ @_@
    Stripes and trench for a bike ride that totals less than 5 minutes? 2FANCE.
    I'm not too into sports, so I'm not really keeping up with the world cup. (Last time the Eurocup was on, I literally asked my friends who's in it, and she said "CHINA. NO DUH"...so clearly not very aware of sport events, heh)(But that was more of a dumb moment from me)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Are you kidding!!!! Autumn with 20|C is just like the perfect weather!!!!! <3
    I'm on the same latitude on the other side of the world and its like luckily 10 degrees. ENjoy it for me while you can! ahahahah

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. what a beautiful and delicious month, oh my!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the first two pictures...wherever you are looks lovely! Quite the eventful month:)
    -Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are gorgeous pictures! Amazing photos

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.