deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

June 28, 2014

Winter Festival

On Thursday evening we had a look into The Winter Festival, which is on in Darling Harbour right now. It's a few food stalls, an ice rink, and a bar tent - I guess it's sort of like Christmas Markets, without the Christmas.



Wai Lam and I got bratwursts (we're still not over German Christmas markets). YY had to get a veggie burger.



No way you could get me on an ice rink anymore, I would probably break my neck.


We then scurried into the warmth of the bar tent, where we met up with an old friend from our Europe trip last December...


...glühwein. Oh how I've missed you.


Some sort of wintry lights display tent.


Then we decided to be bad people and got N2 Gelato. This is the Ferrero Rocher - nutella gelato, with a rice bubbles/chocolate top, and a syringe full of chocolate sauce. Their gelato isn't the best but they always come up with fun combinations.


I'm not sure what our thought process was but we continued to Hot Star Fried Chicken, this Taiwanese chicken takeaway place near World Square, which sells massive pieces of fried chicken (bigger than your face). It was bloody amazing, Wai Lam and I split but we even then had trouble finishing it off. I'm still thinking about it. So good.

22 comments:

  1. I'm forever jealous of those N2 Gelatos! And how good does that bratwurst look? Winter over in Australia looks incredible (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep hearing about Hot Star but definitely need to try it for myself now! Any place that's dedicated to selling fried chicken can only be a good thing... The Winter Festival sounds really interesting, I'll have to remember to visit when I find myself in the city (mainly because I want to see fake snow, haha).

    ReplyDelete
  3. A massive piece of flat fried chicken, why isn't this more widely available!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good question about the bag too btw, I'd have to assume there would be a bit of space but not much for your gear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, that gelato looks good enough to make me want to lick my screen.
    I haven't been on an ice rink in years, I'm not sure I want either from what I remember.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wowie, I'm surprised to see how Aussie are
    pretty fond about German food c: I like Gluwein
    haha, I like it because it's warm :P Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks awesome, so weird - I didn't even know this was on! Ah! Looks so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just went to the Winter Festival yesterday and I came back with a weird blister from the ice skates...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooo, I definitely like this concept, haha. It looks like a lot of fun with some seriously tasty food. I haven't gone ice skating in such a long time too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I kind of forgot you were in Australia when I first read the post and was very confused about the winter markets! haha but I do love Christmas markets so a winter market without the Christmas sounds so fun. Gluhwien is my favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing blog, I have followed you with Bloglovin and GFC and if you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo.

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. woah that gelato looks so insane!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowowow the ice cream! All those flavours sounds delicious! What a wonderful eventxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. winter markets are definitely one of my favourite things in the world, even though it is summer in england right now, I'm dreaming of my local german xmas market that comes to my city in December now! Xx

    little-isabelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. looks just like a place I would love to find myself in. You are so lucky to experience fun like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks a lot like the weekly farmer's market my town has! By the way - the food looks glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  18. love these kinds of night markets. and oh my goodness the n2 gelato looks amazingly delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That fried chicken needs to come over to the US stat.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would go just for that chicken to be honest, looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  21. While I can't still get my head around you having Winter right now (I'm so escaping the English Winter by when I do finally get around to visiting Sydney, I'm coming in the English Winter!) - but it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.