deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

July 12, 2014

Hong Kong

Hello! I'm back from New Zealand and have a load of photos from there but while I fix them up and reply to all your comments on my queued posts, I figured I'd round out my January China trip photos with ones from my last stop, Hong Kong. I've never been to HK before, so we mostly covered tourist attractions in our 2 days there. I reckon I'd like to come back and explore the city with friends instead of with my mother - nothing against my mum but I felt bad dragging her around all the malls and through the crowds and such!


We stayed on the Kowloon side of the city, which is heaving with people (this shot is deceptively free of the crowds).



The skyline of Hong Kong Island across Victoria Harbour. There's a lights show here every night.


Taking the cable car across Lantau Island to see the Giant Buddha statue.




I think HK looks so sci-fi, especially here, with the high-rises shooting up amongst the mountains.




View from Victoria Peak, on Hong Kong Island. We took the Peak tram funicular up to the top.

22 comments:

  1. okay, I really love your cityscape photos!! OH NOOO.. it seems like you have a great holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nostalgia <3 lovely pictures c: Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful photos Jane! I'm so excited to go back next month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome back! can't wait for you to share pics from new zealand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you make me jealous of you that you've been there! & Welcome back, I hope you had a good trip. :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing photos! I'm itching to visit HK and these have only increased my desire. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos!! I'm excited to see your New Zealand photos. Been wanting to go there for some time now. Should be cheap, since I'm from Sydney as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow love the photos!!!!! I can't wait to visit hong kong someday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos! Makes me want to go back haha. Can't wait to hear about your New Zealand trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful photos Jane! So lively with a mix of city and old culture. I know what you mean about your Mom. I do love going with family and she enjoys coming on trips, but my poor mother can only walk so much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your photos - they are so honest. I've been to hong kong, and it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hong Kong! My roots! Love the pictures. You captured HK very well :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hong Kong has never been in my radar but now looking at your pictures I think I really need to go there one day! the cable car experience might have been awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely photos! I've been to HK so many times that it has lost its charm and appeal to me. But it is lovely to see the city through other people's eyes to gain a greater appreciative n of the city

    ReplyDelete
  15. You captured Hong Kong's essence wonderfully. Very sci-fi indeed ^^

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh wow, that cable car ride looks amazing! and i know what you mean, it's such a different vibe travelling with parents, i just spent a month with mine and the way they holiday is just different to me. they like to take things at a slower pace and enjoy things like relaxing by a pool, so i had to remember that it was their holiday too and just kind of go with the flow. i mean it's wonderful travelling with them but yeah, just different to being with friends or on your own.

    anyway it looks like you had an amazing time in china! and i'm looking forward to your NZ photos too, hope you're having a great time over there! :) x

    little henry lee

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks amazing! I would love to go someday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. ive always wanted to go to HK! Your photos are gorgeous and make me wanna go even more xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. HK is on my traveling list. Great photographs. ---Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pack me into your bags next time you travel. I want to see the world as often you travel! I've spent this entire semester break in Sydney. And I've always wanted to go to New Zealand, but I guess I'll wait until you post the photos!

    www.rosa-dyn.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Toujours de très jolies photos !

    ReplyDelete
  22. These pictures are breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.