deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

July 14, 2014

Queenstown

The first of my New Zealand posts! We flew into Queenstown on the South Island to start our roadtrip. It's a small city, but very lively as ski season is in full swing right now. Everyone goes there to ski and participate in ridiculous activities such as bungee jumping, but we were more interested in scenic sorts of activities. Unfortunately I was pretty ill for the first few days of the trip so I was mainly very cold and miserable.



It's on the edge of a lake, surrounded by mountains.


We then caught a shuttle bus up into the hills, to an onsen, which is a Japanese-style spa pool. The place is amazing, the front shutter rolls up to expose you to the outdoors...


... and this view over the shotover river.


Walking into town for dinner, with the mountains in the background.


We went to Fergburger, this very popular takeaway burger place. The line was so long, it was about a half an hour wait for a burger. Not sure what the fuss is about really, it was pretty ordinary to me!


The next morning we took a cable car for an amazing view over Queenstown.





I can't get over how blue the water was, even on an overcast day!



We then attempted a walk in the park but it had started snowing.


Eating lunch at an American diner.


We then picked up our rental car and drove down to Te Anau. I'd been really worried about driving on ice and snow, but it turned out okay. I didn't take any photos because I drove this leg, but it was amazing - driving on roads that wound through snow-covered mountains, I felt like I was in the Lord of the Rings.



We arrived in Te Anau in time to see the sun set over the lake, with the low-hanging clouds giving everything a silvery sort of light.

Loads more photos to come, wading through the editing right now. Currently I'm in a sort of World Cup withdrawal, not sure what to do with myself. Congrats to Germany!

26 comments:

  1. Amazing!!!

    xx

    http://www.madridforniagirl.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. those mountain tops are really something. so breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so peaceful there! I was born in NZ but I haven't visited since them. Need to go soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colour of the water is unreal! So beautiful and I'm glad you're having a blast. Hope you're over the illness, it's never fun to be sick when traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! your photos is really nice!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You take such beautiful pictures. It's absolutely mesmerizing. And the color of the water is amazing - how I wish beaches in California looked even close to that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such gorgeous photos, especially the mountains I bet it's breathtaking in reality!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It definitely looks like Lord of the Rings, but more zen haha. Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, such stunning photography, New Zealand look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a really beautiful place!! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still can't get over the colour of the lakes in NZ. It's weird to see the same places that I visited earlier this year covered with snow. Looking forward to the rest of your photos

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, I love these photos! My friend's also in Queenstown right now and I'm feeling really jealous, haha. If I ever make it to NZ I don't think I'd bungee jump either, it looks so cold that I'd probably catch a cold straight afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks so nice. Funny thing is my parents are going there next year. Not sure if I should be jealous or not, cause I might be in a beautiful place as well. But totally agree about the water, looks amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful photos as always :) I've always wanted to go to NZ! My friend went to Fergburger once--they're world famous, aren't they? The burgers look HUGE but delicious! Enjoy the rest of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep they're apparently world famous! The one I got wasn't much to write home about though!

      Delete
  15. looks so nice!!! :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhh, I'm going in August. Cannot wait! Your photos have made me so excited

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, nice! It's quite a differencefrom where I am right now, it's 33 degrees in Hungary!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jane, these photos are amazing, I really mean it. It looks so beautiful and surreal. Since I first started reading your blog your photography has becoming great. You should officially consider yourself freelance travel photographer ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you're too nice haha, I was just looking at these wishing I was able to capture everything better.

      Delete
  19. Wow oh wow! So jealous, I've always wanted to fly out to New Zealand. Almost persuaded my parents to go! But they decided on Tasmania instead (and that trip got cancelled too!) Your photos make it even more stunning and now I'm really yearning for a trip!

    www.rosa-dyn.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Jane, you seems to go to so many awesome places of this
    globe! New Zealand is gorgeous but I already knew that ;P
    and so nice to have this Japanese spa in NZ as well! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. My goodness, New Zealand is even more gorgeous than I imagined. You get to visit so many awesome places this year!! I absolutely adore the food pictures AND every picture containing any sort of mountain in it. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. More amazing photos, your camera work is very tricky. bring on more!

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
  23. These pictures are absolutely stunning, New Zealand looks incredible.
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.