I got tagged by Jane over at Always With Yoo for this blog hop! Jane blogs from the US of A and her cosy corner of the net is about her daily adventures, her home, and her dog Piri, who has the most expressive eyes I've ever seen on a dog (or possibly any living creature). Here are the questions!
1. What am I working on?
This blog! The only other thing I'm working on right now is my research paper (I guess the dissertation/thesis equivalent for my degree) and I don't want to talk about it, I will actually cry (I cried over it last night).
2. How does my work differ from others of its genre?
I guess in that it's pretty genre-less! Generally I classify it as a lifestyle blog but I don't really give lifestyle advice (and wouldn't recommend my lifestyle to anyone anyway). Like Jane mentioned though, this makes me feel a bit self-conscious about blogging because I can't really explain it to people who don't often read blogs. From what I've been seeing, everyone's getting a bit jaded of having particular niches for their blog and moving towards a more lifestyle approach, which I like because those are my favourite blogs to read.
3. Why do I write/create what I do?
Well, I started the blog because I liked taking photos and I needed a place to show them off. I began reading other blogs and I found that I generally enjoyed ones about people's everyday lives, so mine slowly went in that direction. I do it now because it's a good creative outlet, I just love the whole process of taking and editing photos, and then putting posts together. I also love connecting with people through blogging! Comments are like little inbox surprises, you guys totally get me.
4. How does my writing/creating process work?
Most my posts are photo-centred, so I take the photos (from a day out, travels, outfits etc.), edit them, and then write up the post. I'll have my DSLR with me if I'm going to some sort of interesting place or event, but otherwise they're photos from my phone. For my wordier entries, I usually have the draft sitting in my head/on Blogger for a while and I'll keep editing it until I like it. I'll then take a photo that goes with the post and put it online. I used to have a lot of trouble with the writing bit in posts, but it's been getting easier and I'm starting to enjoy that part more. Oh, I also preview my posts loads of times to make sure everything looks right.
I'm passing the baton to these girls for next week! I thought I'd ask some bloggers who are craftier than me and might have other projects going on.
- Mei from Ice Pandora. Mei is from the Netherlands and she's always making cute things that look edible but actually aren't.
- Mani from Eat Your Teacup. Mani is a fellow Sydney girl who takes great photos but her real strength possibly lies in DIY-ing really professional looking pencil cases and mugs.
- Philippa from Cocoskies. Philippa is from the UK and does the prettiest watercolour paintings that remind me of candy (explaining my weird "I want to lick the screen!" comments on her blog posts).