September 18, 2014
Food, stripes, and an interrogation
Really good crispy chicken bun from Eat Art Truck and feeling super scholarly with actual books I borrowed from the actual library for my essay. Irrelevant to the rest of this post, just thought I'd throw in two of my favourite things (food and stripes). The lovely Saskia at Girl In Brogues tagged me for a Liebster Award and I am finally getting onto it. Here are the questions and my answers!
1. What did you want to be when you were a kid?
When I was 13, I wore too much eyeliner, had the worst fringe, and wanted to be a rockstar. I started learning guitar specifically to work towards this goal, but I found (for the second time) that I'm just not musically inclined.
2. If you were in a police movie, who would be your crime-fighting partner?
Sherlock Holmes? Does that work? (No I don't mean Sherlock Holmes from Sherlock BBC I hate him sorry not sorry).
3. What are your favourite flowers?
Hm well I have hayfever so flowers aren't my favourite things. I guess I like roses, they're pretty?
4. What is your favourite catchphrase?
Such fun! and anything else from Miranda.
5. Pick a TV programme – Who Do You Think You Are?, Eastenders or Broadchurch?
Is this a very British question? Haha unfortunately I've never watched any of these! I guess Who Do You Think You Are sounds interesting, there's an Australian version I've never watched either.
6. Describe your perfect evening gown.
Hmmm. Black, sleeveless, with a highish neckline, fitted up top and then an amazing floor length circle skirt.
7. What are you better at, fibbing or breaking bad news?
Fibbing, probably! Wait, depends on the situation. I'm a bad fibber when the situation is supposed to be funny but I guess if the alternative is bad news I could pull it off better than actually breaking the news.
8. You have to pick an outrageous outfit to wear for Halloween – what would it be?
I haven't dressed up for Halloween for ages but I have a Minnie Mouse outfit planned for the next time I do. Outrageously boring I guess...
9. Pick another blogger and tell us why you love them.
So to avoid favouritism (because I love a lot of bloggers) I closed my eyes and jabbed the cursor on my blogroll page until a link opened on Sartorial Diner. Stephanie is always on food adventures (my kinda girl), she was studying in NYC until recently and is now settling into working life (as a fashion designer!) in Germany. My life will never reach those heights of coolness.
10. What’s your breakfast cereal?
I mix it up between corn flakes, Rice Bubbles, and Cheerios. When I was little I loved fruit loops and cocoa pops and all those, but that's too much sugar for my old lady palate now.
11. Who’s your favourite TV chef?
I don't watch many cooking shows... I guess Nigella? I seem to use her recipes a lot.
I'm tagging... Harriet at Where is Harriet, Clare at Uncia + Tigris, and Stephanie at Native Blush. Feel free to do this in the comments as well!
1. What's the last thing you took a photo of?
2. What's your favourite meal to make at home?
3. Do you play any instruments?
4. Inside or outside?
5. Favourite season and why.
6. How many hours of sleep did you get last night? Was that enough?
7. Current favourite TV show.
8. What's one thing on your bucketlist?
9. Best way to cheer yourself up.
10. Put your music player on shuffle... what's the first song that plays?
11. What was the last thing you spent money on?