deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

September 18, 2014

Food, stripes, and an interrogation



Really good crispy chicken bun from Eat Art Truck and feeling super scholarly with actual books I borrowed from the actual library for my essay. Irrelevant to the rest of this post, just thought I'd throw in two of my favourite things (food and stripes). The lovely Saskia at Girl In Brogues tagged me for a Liebster Award and I am finally getting onto it. Here are the questions and my answers!

1. What did you want to be when you were a kid?
When I was 13, I wore too much eyeliner, had the worst fringe, and wanted to be a rockstar. I started learning guitar specifically to work towards this goal, but I found (for the second time) that I'm just not musically inclined.

2. If you were in a police movie, who would be your crime-fighting partner?
Sherlock Holmes? Does that work? (No I don't mean Sherlock Holmes from Sherlock BBC I hate him sorry not sorry).

3. What are your favourite flowers?
Hm well I have hayfever so flowers aren't my favourite things. I guess I like roses, they're pretty?

4. What is your favourite catchphrase?
Such fun! and anything else from Miranda.

5. Pick a TV programme – Who Do You Think You Are?, Eastenders or Broadchurch?
Is this a very British question? Haha unfortunately I've never watched any of these! I guess Who Do You Think You Are sounds interesting, there's an Australian version I've never watched either.

6. Describe your perfect evening gown.
Hmmm. Black, sleeveless, with a highish neckline, fitted up top and then an amazing floor length circle skirt.

7. What are you better at, fibbing or breaking bad news?
Fibbing, probably! Wait, depends on the situation. I'm a bad fibber when the situation is supposed to be funny but I guess if the alternative is bad news I could pull it off better than actually breaking the news.

8. You have to pick an outrageous outfit to wear for Halloween – what would it be?
I haven't dressed up for Halloween for ages but I have a Minnie Mouse outfit planned for the next time I do. Outrageously boring I guess...

9. Pick another blogger and tell us why you love them.
So to avoid favouritism (because I love a lot of bloggers) I closed my eyes and jabbed the cursor on my blogroll page until a link opened on Sartorial Diner. Stephanie is always on food adventures (my kinda girl), she was studying in NYC until recently and is now settling into working life (as a fashion designer!) in Germany. My life will never reach those heights of coolness.

10. What’s your breakfast cereal?
I mix it up between corn flakes, Rice Bubbles, and Cheerios. When I was little I loved fruit loops and cocoa pops and all those, but that's too much sugar for my old lady palate now.

11. Who’s your favourite TV chef?
I don't watch many cooking shows... I guess Nigella? I seem to use her recipes a lot.

I'm tagging... Harriet at Where is Harriet, Clare at Uncia + Tigris, and Stephanie at Native Blush. Feel free to do this in the comments as well!

1. What's the last thing you took a photo of?
2. What's your favourite meal to make at home?
3. Do you play any instruments?
4. Inside or outside?
5. Favourite season and why.
6. How many hours of sleep did you get last night? Was that enough?
7. Current favourite TV show.
8. What's one thing on your bucketlist?
9. Best way to cheer yourself up.
10. Put your music player on shuffle... what's the first song that plays?
11. What was the last thing you spent money on?

30 comments:

  1. Eastenders?! No one watches that crap, glad you've never heard of it Jane!

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha is it like Home and Away or Neighbours of the UK?

      Delete
  2. Eastenders is not my favourite show but definitely unique and never ending!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha so it's one of those long running soap opera shows!

      Delete
  3. I love Nigella as well :D I'm a loyal fan of your Aussie
    cooking shows such as MKR and Masterchef :c
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know people other than Australians watched Australian shows! MKR can get addictive haha.

      Delete
  4. HAHAHA, I loved that outrageous Halloween costume outfit idea. And that's an unpopular opinion about Sherlock, and I quite like it that someone doesn't like the show...even though I really like it (does that make sense?). Also, I think Stephanie from Sartorial Diner really is very, very cool indeed.

    On another note, I never saw a crispy chicken bun in my life, and now I'm very much craving it. Goodness, that looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm glad you're willing to accept differences in our opinions about Sherlock :) I'm probably just being all special snowflake and hating on it because so many people uphold it as the best adaptation everrr and as a fan of the books I don't like their interpretation of the character!

      Delete
  5. Ohhh this is such fun! Haha I haven't been tagged in anything in ages, thank-you! I'll get on this.. (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahaha this is awesome! I'll absolutely be doing this on my page as well :)
    BTW - your photos of food always look delicious and make me hungry. One day I'll have to make the trip over to Sydney and you can take me on a food tour. Deal?

    ReplyDelete
  7. YESSSS someone else who doesn't like BBC Sherlock!

    The gown sounds amazing. I like your style.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh boy! I'm so happy I don't have too many embarrassing photos of my bad eyeliner days. I've been tagged! How nice :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to seeing you do one, if you have the time :)

      Delete
  9. I haven't had cheerios in a very long time! I used to eat them all the time... It's all about the Rice Crispies at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I googled and rice crispies are the same as our rice bubbles!

      Delete
  10. That was fun:)
    Also, that blue notebook looks very pretty! Can you tell I'm addicted to pretty notebooks? I love them, but it's so hard to start writing in them;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually a library reference book, but it would make a nice notebook! Haha I ruin all nice notebooks with my ugly handwriting.

      Delete
  11. How fun! That crispy chicken bun looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty good, I got hungry editing the photo haha

      Delete
  12. Oh my...a crispy chicken bun. I like the sound of that! And ah, it's always fun when people do these tags. I love learning about the person behind the blog. I totally had a "rock star" phase too, hahaha. I tried to get a "choppy bang" look, and it just turned out like a rats nest, haha. And there was definitely too much eyeliner and a lot of odd colors going on. Those pictures have since mysteriously disappeared. And ahh, you're seriously so sweet. Thanks for the kind words, and I'm really glad to have gotten to know you a bit through our blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha rat's nest sounds familiar. No problem, looking forward to reading more about life in Germany!

      Delete
  13. I loved reading more about you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These tags are a pretty fun way to get to know the blogger a bit more! I realise I post a lot about things I get up to but not a lot about myself, haha

      Delete
  14. Haha your description of your thirteen year old self is so on point!
    I think we have all been there at one point or another :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun tag :-) 13-year-old you sounds a lot like me when I was a teenager, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjoyed reading your answers. I like getting to know a blogger a bit more!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Is Miranda a good show? My friend's been getting me to watch the show!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.