deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

December 28, 2014

2014

2014 was a bit of an unusual year for me. I was doing a research project all year, so I had a lot of free time (hence all the blog posts). I've gotta say, it's been my best year in a while, so here's a bit of a recap.


Started off the year in rainy London, on one of the best trips ever.


I wasn't back from Europe for long before I headed off to China in February.


I turned 21, and got a new set of wheels for my birthday.


It was a Biennale year: MCA & Cockatoo Island / AGNSW and Artspace.


Vivid Sydney is now firmly in the yearly tradition category, if I miss a year in the future I'm going to be unreasonably sad about it.


As usual, I was OBSESSED with the World Cup when it came around. Next January, the Asian Cup is going to be in Australia and I've got tickets for the Australia vs. Oman group match in Sydney.


We pulled off a NZ road trip in the winter, and it was amazing. NZ's South Island has the most beautiful scenery I've ever seen.


I did have to do some work.


Also saw a bit more of my own state in the form of the Blue Mountains.


Finally saw Sculpture by the Sea again after a few years.


Before I knew it, summer rolled around again and it was time for the beach!

I hope everyone's having an amazing holiday season! Happy new year, and here's to 2015!

This is a scheduled post, I'm currently overseas. I'll be reading all your comments via email but won't be able to reply until I get back. If you have any burning questions, you can email me.

21 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been to so many great places in just one year! I really want to visit China :) Great post!

    x Val // Valerie Randomness

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a brilliant year, I hope you're having a good trip! <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing ŷear!! Here's to the next, hope you're having a great trip xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review of your year! I am planning a similar post dedicated to my 2014 travels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You visited so many wonderful places this year! Always love reading your blog and wish you health and happiness in 2015. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great 2014 in my eyes Jane, cheers to another
    one in 2015! Happy New Year soon! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year Jane! Your 2014 looked amazing and I really enjoyed reading and seeing your posts :)
    Keep up the good work! X, Jessy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I didn't realise you'd been to so many places in one year! Great recap by the way, and happy new year to you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You obviously had a great year! I hope I can travel so much in 1 year one day :) I really envy you for going to all those places. Great post, had fun reading it! I'm really enjoying your blog by the way! I'm here for the first time but I will definitely visit more often now :)

    ♡ my blog ♡

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh what a fab year it was!!! Let's hope 2015 is even better. Hope you're still enjoying your trip overseas

    ReplyDelete
  12. So envious of all of your travels, what an amazing year Jane!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What haven't you done?! Been a good year for you Jane, I'll enjoyed tagging along.

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very much a busy and fun year Jane! I hope you will have many more years like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. hope 2015 has a lot of great things stored for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks like you had a great year! Hopefully 2015 is just as amazing!
    Happy New Year!
    xo April Everyday

    ReplyDelete
  17. New Zealand looks beautiful in that photo. Glad to know 2014 was one for the books; hopefully, 2015 is just as amazing for you, Jane! Also, hope you're having fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  18. everyone keeps saying they had such a miserable 2014 so i'm glad to hear you had a good one! i really can't complain since i was overseas for half of it so it's got to be my best year so far! but hopefully things keep on getting better in 2015. :)

    little henry lee

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy New Year Jane!
    I'm so glad you had a great year! It's kind of cool to see these photos now and remember reading the posts at the time :)
    Your bike it a work of art I have to say while I'm here!
    I hope that 2015 is just as good, and I can't wait to follow the adventure on your blog :) x

    ReplyDelete
  20. this looks like it was such a good year for you! happy new year! i'm glad i stumbled upon your blog.

    -m.see
    www.blog.mollyseemeador.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ay, Happy New Year! SERIOUSLY JELS OF YOUR TRAVEL ADVENTURES THOUGH.

    Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to read your South American adventures and whine to my best friend about our non-existent travel lives. (You are seriously lucky that you get to go places with your friends!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.