deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

December 14, 2014

Travel first aid kit


I like to be prepared for everything and that's amplified x1000 when I'm overseas. This is what I pack as my first aid kit in my suitcase just in case, and I carry a mini version around with me during the day.

  • Band-aids, pain killers, travel sickness medication - pretty self explanatory.
  • Antihistamines - I get really bad allergies, not just in spring, so I try to take enough to last the whole trip.
  • Gastro-stop - I feel like it's always a risk of eating anything overseas, but I've never actually had to take these; fingers crossed my luck doesn't run out.
  • Sports tape - bit pointless but just in case I want to tape my dodgy knee for anything. I'm more likely to use this to fix other objects, it's really sticky.
And also other first aid-y sort of things, like hand sanitiser, sunscreen, insect repellant, and of course, your personal lady products if you need them. Do you guys do a first aid kit when you travel? Or do you wing it and buy things as you need them (which is probably more sensible...)?

This is a scheduled post, I'm currently overseas. I'll be reading all your comments via email but won't be able to reply until I get back. If you have any burning questions, you can email me.

13 comments:

  1. Gah, I wish I was half as prepared as you are! Hope you're having fun Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are having fun abroad! Excellent first-aid kit! If you are going somewhere like Mexico I'd also recommend some cipro or a Z-pak hahahhahah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea to take basic first aid items with you. Once I found myself buying band aids in China, where the shop assistant didn't understand English and I didn't speak Chinese... Not the easiest conversation to have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a good idea! I suck when it comes to packing (I take it from my dad, unfortunately) and usually end up missing so many things! This is inspiring to pack better for my next trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who knew medicinal packaging could be so pleasing? All of those colors and fonts look great together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always. I use it hardly ever, but it makes my heart a little more relaxed and happy knowing it's in my bag juuuuust in case.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My next trip will be my first trip where I will be bringing my first aid kit along. It's so important and you never know when you or someone else might need it. Always crucial to be prepared, even if it is just a few days trip. Hope you are having crazy fun Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've also taken a first aid kit with me, as well as pain killers, etc. Plus some vitamins because I don't tend to eat as well when I'm travelling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so impressed as I have NEVER brought a first aid kit travelling. In hindsight, going to the middle of nowhere in Ecuador alone without a first aid kit might have been a bad idea....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am never this organized but looking back at my oversea travels, I really needed it, haha. Especially band aids! Ugh, I never imagined getting cuts but when I do, I can never find a band aid nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hope your having a wonderful time :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never bring a first-aid kit, but I think it's such a good idea. I should definitely take a page from your book and do this for my next trip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is good stuff. We are always told to have such a travel first aid kits, but you can never be reminded too often.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.