- Leopard print sarong. I bought this from a beach vendor in Rio, where everyone uses sarongs for the beach rather than towels. I probably got ripped off for what is essentially a giant piece of rayon, but I guess I will be able to use it as a scarf this winter.
- Victoria's Secret bra. I just wanted to buy something from VS because everyone talks about VS and we don't have it in Australia. Is that not a good enough reason? It's actually really comfortable and well-fitting.
- Tommy Hilfiger short-sleeve button down. I love button downs but I didn't have any short sleeved ones for warmer weather! I got this pretty cheap at an outlet.
- Fossil cross-body bag. I still feel guilty about this, it was a massive splurge by my standards, and bags are not usually what I funnel money into. I had been looking for a small cross-body bag and I'd seen this in Sydney, but had written it off as too expensive. We came across it in Macy's and after some currency converting calculations and a lot of dithering, I bought it. I've been using it every day on hospital placement though, so I guess the cost per wear will work out.
- La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo - The US version of Effaclar Duo is benzoyl peroxide based, rather than salicylic acid based like the one you get in the UK/Europe/Australia. Benzoyl peroxide is more effective on my blemishes, which stopped responding to salicylic acid when I was about 14. I'm not sure why it's different there (is benzoyl peroxide less restricted?) - I probably should've stocked up. From what I understand, the US one is more of a specific spot treatment while the other one is more used to prevent and unclog.
- Revlon Colourburst Balm in Sultry. My lips have been too dry to wear the only lipstick I own (MAC Russian Red), but I'd been missing being able to wear some colour on my lips so I got this matte balm. It's not very moisturising itself, but I can wear it for a while without needing to smudge proper balm on top.
- Rimmel mascara. I needed a new mascara and this was cheap.
Thanks for the well-wishes for uni from the last post guys <3 I'm already feeling a little less panicked and settled in.