deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

January 11, 2015

Iguassu Falls

After Buenos Aires, we went to Iguassu Falls. Iguassu Falls straddles the border between Argentina and Brazil, and is one of the seven new natural wonders of the world. It's wider and taller than Niagara Falls (with less water however) and like Niagara, there's much discussion as to which side (the Argentine or the Brazilian) is the better one. We saw both, and I'm going to have to say the Brazilian side - it's got a more panoramic view and at the end of the path you can walk up close to the falls and the mist.


On the first day, we saw the Argentine side.



Due to clothes logistics issues, I found myself wearing long pants and Doc Martins in 35C, extreme humidity heat.


Butterflies which feed on salt and minerals so they land on people to suck up their sweat or something (I hate butterflies so I did not enjoy this).



The river there divides the three countries of Argentina, Brazil, and Paraguay. The town on the Argentina side is Puerto Iguazu, where we stumbled around in the afternoon heat for a bit, looking for a place to buy water.


The next day, we took a bus over the bridge to Brazil and the Brazilian side of the falls.






When you stand in the spray and listen to the thunder of the water, the falls feel so powerful you feel like you're almost soaking up energy from them.

In the afternoon, feeling self-conscious about how much we probably smelled like wet dogs at that moment, we hopped on a plane to none other than Rio de Janeiro. Coming up soon!

29 comments:

  1. These waterfalls look so impressive! A must-visit for me. Can't wait to read about your impressions of Rio.

    www.LUXESSED.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, this is magical. And I would totally not like it if a butterfly landed down on me to "suck my sweat" or something along those lines. But the view is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty impressive! How come you don't like butterflies? :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. So awesome ! My hair went up all over my arms when I saw the picture with the butterfly, I hate them too, they're way too "fearless" for me lol !

    Charlie xx
    http://charlieleschroniques.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning! More more more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning pictures, Jane! Love the fog the falls seem to give off :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't get over how beautiful these pictures are, and I've never even heard of these falls - I wish I could see them someday! Love Bella xox

    My blog, Little Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never actually heard of the falls either until it came up as a must-see in South America!

      Delete
  8. So gorgeous. I never knew about this place, I might add it to my list.

    m.see
    http://blog.mollyseemeador.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I'm sure it's even more so up close.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! It's stunning! So disappointed we didn't get to do this when we went to South America... next time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All I can say is "wow". These photographs are just stunning. I can't imagine actually seeing the sight in person! I'm definitely adding this to my list of sights to see!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really stunning photographs, I can only imagine how it was to see all of this in real life! Love your travel posts and keeping up with what you are getting up to! Can't wait for the photos from Rio de Janeiro!

    Rae | love from berlin

    ReplyDelete
  13. those pictures are breathtaking! love your travelling diaries :)

    www.undersizedcloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh. My. Wow. I can only imagine how it was like in person --- absolutely amazing photos Jane! Looks like a hot and humid time, but so worth it! I love how you said you hate butterflies and was just honest about it (haha).

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh wow, this looks incredible! you're really making me want to go to south america now, those waterfalls are insane. also it's funny that you say you hate butterflies. i hate bugs and insects and want nothing to do with them but i'm fine with the cute/pretty ones like dragonflies and butterflies and ladybugs. but it's actually all psychologically about them being pretty because i'm cool with butterflies but moths can go straight to hell, even though they're basically the same thing, haha.

    jessica - littlehenrylee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am actually extra repulsed by the pretty ones like ladybugs, they just don't look natural to me haha!

      Delete
  16. gosh you really have a great adventures! yet a great photos to share too! can't wait for Rio De Janeiro. Wanna see the Jesus' Statue!

    ReplyDelete
  17. your pictures are always a delight to see. that first one made my jaw drop!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These photos are so inspiring and dreamy!!! So jealous of your travels! Hope to visit this place someday! Adventure is out there! :D

    be the plebeian

    ReplyDelete
  19. such an incredible adventure - these sights are killing me! gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Holy cow, how beautiful is that!

    I really need to go to somewhere like this soon, wow. I'm amazed.

    Beautiful photos. :)

    Naturally Jes

    ReplyDelete
  21. I feel this post needs a soundtrack of crashing waves!

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
  22. Now adding this on my travel bucketlist! No wonder it's one of the new seven wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow. Wonderful! I hope you haven't seen any flying cockroaches so far...!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think places that separate countries are quite fascinating, it's kind of funny to stand in one country and then walk into the other. Little things entertain me!

    What a selection of photos too! It's hard to pick a favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Few things are more awe inspiring than the formidable force of water throwing itself over a waterfall! It is something that every one should experience - unforgettable and soul stirring no?

    Fantastic energy in your photos my dear!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.