I'm so glad I impulse bought these:
- Whitepepper smock dress. This was on sale and before I laid eyes on the sale price I had no plans to ever buy a smock dress. But the price reduction marketing technique sucked me in, and it was love at first wear. My current favourite summer dress.
- UNIQLO Ultra stretch jeans. I'd already been in possession of a perfectly good pair of UNIQLO skinnies when I bought this, but I like UNIQLO jeans so much I wanted a backup (this was before it opened here). They're actually a lot tighter than the other pair and I've been wearing them equally depending on the outfit (I'm probably the only person who notices the difference).
- Muji striped dress. I was in Hong Kong and bought this out of desperation to buy something, because who goes to HK without buying anything? I was questioning whether this even looked good on me, but this turned out to be my favourite dress of this past winter.
- ASOS baseball tee. I liked it for the contrast collar, but I was wary of buying it because I thought it would be a fleeting trendy thing. I'm so glad I got it though, I love wearing it with my navy jeans/pants/skirts.
What was I thinking?
- UNIQLO oxford shirt. Is a crisp white button down not on every wardrobe-basics/5-piece-French-wardrobe/essentials list ever? I mean, I can see why - in theory, you can wear it in so many ways. In practice, it just doesn't work on me - I always end up looking like I'm wearing a school or waitress uniform. It's probably my general awkward vibe.
- Topshop midi skirt. I talked about it here. I thought I'd be able to wear it with all my tops, but it looks super awkward with button-down shirts.
- UNIQLO silk shirt. I talked about it here a few weeks ago. I'm mainly too afraid to wear it because of its sheerness.
- UNIQLO cropped trousers. I love my navy trousers, and I wanted to up my trouser game, so I bought a grey pair in China. But I always just choose the navy pair.
This is a scheduled post, I'm currently overseas. I'll be reading all your comments via email but won't be able to reply until I get back. If you have any burning questions, you can email me. Happy New Year guys, I'll be back in a couple of days!