deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

January 13, 2015

Sydney Festival

I figured I'd squeeze in some real time posts in between the South America recap ones, just so they don't completely drown the context of the blog. The other day I was in the city, running errands, and I figured I'd go see some Sydney Festival happenings. You might remember Sydney Festival bits and bobs I posted last year.


The Sydney Festival Village in Hyde Park, which is mainly food stalls, performance tents, and this public reading space. It's pretty deserted during the day.


That was okay, because there were no lines for food. I got this reuben sandwich from Porteno's stall, which was good but the price was a bit steep for just a sandwich.



There was no line for Messina either. They're doing the make ice cream look like real foods again, this is the Not Fried Chicken on Waffles (the gravy is caramel sauce). The "fried" bits of the "chicken" had sort of melted off though.


The installation in Hyde Park this year is called Higher Ground. On seeing it I thought "oh okay, what's the point of this", but when you step onto it it's actually really cool.




There's just something mesmerising about all the colours and geometric patterns.


In Darling Harbour there's also a waterfall swing, the one that stops raining right as you swing through it. Pretty cool, there was a bit of a line though so didn't have a go.

I'm hoping to be able to look into the festival village again with friends before it ends, so I can try some more of the food there!

23 comments:

  1. It looks incredible! These sunny pictures have made a rainy day here feel a lot better :) I've never been to Sydney before but I really, really want to visit!
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. That swing and waterfall reminds me of an installation in NYC, but lets discuss that ice cream miracle you were eating...Was is delicious? Did it have bacon flavor? Maple flavor? Can you tell you hit a nerve?!?
    Texas Jak
    http://www.novermyhead.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It was maple flavoured gelato, good instincts.

      Delete
  3. i love outdoor festivals like these :) and i miss going to them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omgoodness. I've actually always wanted to ride one of those waterfall swings ever since I saw the looping gifs that you see on tumblr. I'm so glad that Sydney's festivities and events are growing and astounding the previous year. A little sad that I'm missing it though!

    www.rosa-dyn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah but you're having better adventures!

      Delete
  5. I still haven't gotten around to checking this out yet! I always find the prices at festivals are kinda steep, but I still buy food anyway because of the novelty factor haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely... my brain shuts off at carnivals and festivals haha.

      Delete
  6. Oh that looks like so much fun! Geez, I need to visit Sydney as soon as possible :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to set foot on that Higher Ground platform thingie!
    And good thing that were no huge lines for the food too c:
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome! Hopefully something like this comes to Melbourne!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sweat I can't drop by your blog without dreaming away about something - food, travel, shopping :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish we had such cosy things near my area! :[ It looks nice, and even better that the weather was so great :]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this looks like so much fun !! The bright colours everywhere give such a happy vibe to the event !

    Charlie xx
    http://charlieleschroniques.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  12. That ice cream looks incredible! Wonderful photographs, they're almost making me long for some summer sunshine! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice, this looks really fun and the food looked delicious. This reminded me of my Agriculture Fair in the Virgin Islands. I'll be there in February so i'll be so sure to let you know when I do my blog post :).

    www.TheFollowFashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to go on a waterfall swing.. how great is that!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks quite interesting! It also doesn't look as crowded as it was last year either, so hopefully it stays that way tomorrow haha. Did you enjoy the Messina?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was okay! More of a novelty than for the taste haha.

      Delete
  16. I swear to God, Sydney has so much more cultural/food/art/festival type things. I am constantly in awe of the things you sydney-siders feature on your blogs.

    It's all so colourful and energising :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I thought Melbourne was supposed to be the city for culture/food/art! ;)

      Delete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The ice cream concept is just genius!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.