deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

February 26, 2015

Twilight parade

Last Sunday we went to check out the Lunar New Year parade in the city. There were lots of people so we couldn't see much, and it wasn't that great anyway. I like something a little more traditional with a proper dragon.


First order of business, fuelling up with Korean fried chicken at the new Arisun at World Square, where we ordered exactly what we could've got at the other Arisun.


I love when they close off roads and you can walk on them while pretending there's a zombie apocalypse happening.



So the only thing we got a clear view of was this giant, ominous ram which rolled slowly down the street like some sort of horror movie thing... bizarre.


Everyone watching through their phones.


When we got bored so we turned around and headed back to Azoto, which is a nitrogen ice cream place attached to the new Arisun. N2 still has more interesting combinations so I'll probably stick with them for my Chinatown ice-cream fix.

15 comments:

  1. nice photos!

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to the parade a few years back and thought it was pretty horrible. Ooh didn't know about the new arisun! How exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the new one is in takeaway format downstairs!

      Delete
  3. This looks amazing, so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That chicken looks amazeballz. I haven't had Korean fried chicken before, but I will seek it out now. Based on you photos, doesn't look like your view of the parade was too stellar. bummer. At least the food looked to be eventful.
    Texas Jak
    www.novermyhead.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Korean fried chicken is awesome, I think they double fry or do something special to it haha.

      Delete
  5. I dub thee: "The monster goat" :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. The chicken looks sooo tasty! And about that ram, it's quite creepy haha, but at least you had fun!:)
    X
    http://www.thedutchcountryside.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos! I love the one where you show the roads being closed off...the perspective is so cool!

    http://ourruins.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well looks like you had a nice time even though you couldn't see much ! have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pictures you took :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cool that there is an event in your city. In Luxembourg, the Chinese community doesn't celebrate the New Year... hopefully this will become a tradition in the future.

    www.LUXESSED.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Damn that nitrogen ice cream looks like. Quite like the odd ram too.

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
  12. For some reason I thought your title "Twilight Parade" meant you were going to start binge watching the Twilight movie series and in my mind I thought.. "Noooo!!" :) I wish I had the chance to catch the Lunar New Year parade in my area but something tells me that it's ok that I didn't because I'm not sure if it would've been worth it. Bleh..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.