deluminators

     about     contact          blogroll     +

     about     contact     categories     blogroll     +

March 19, 2015

Spectrum Now

Wai Lam and I had about a half an hour window of time on Saturday to look around the Spectrum Playground. Spectrum Now is another festival (I'm actually unclear about what exactly it is) and there is a food market/music thing going on in The Domain for it. I'm a sucker for food in this market kind of setting but apparently no one else really cares. That's okay, fewer lines for me!


The Domain is nice, I'm not sure why we snub it as a picnic location. I like walking through Sydney Hospital to get there too, nicest looking hospital in Sydney possibly?


N2 and Black Star Pastry are doing a collab stall and Wai Lam got the ice cream version of Black Star's watermelon and strawberry cake. I've never tried this cake. I am still not convinced about strawberry and watermelon in a cake.


I crossed over to the Messina stall, Sydney's OTHER favourite gelato place...


They were doing twists on classic ice creams/chocolate bars. I got an ice-cream bar with hazelnuts, dulce de leche, and covered in chocolate...


Things got a bit messy.


Wai Lam managed to eat hers more elegantly.

I think this ends on Sunday so if you're looking for a nice deserted place with food stalls and clean grass to set up on, check it out!

26 comments:

  1. oh, the place looks lovely, I would really enjoy visiting it too! It seems to be quiet and perfect for rest. Besides, those snapshots are so appealing and eye-catching!
    Have a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seems like a great day out *-* i like it when there's a huge open space with all the green and dem food! ice cream on a sunny day is a yaaaaassss!! strawberry and watermelon sounds refreshing!

    xx http://tanaditya.co.vu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great time & such a nice place to come and have a few treats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to love this period in Sydney. But I'm glad the number of activities and events in Sydney are steadily increasing!

    www.rosa-dyn.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope they get a few more people to come out. It looks like a nice open space to hold a festival.

    Also giggling at your "coverage" of the event. Hope all is well with you Jane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you, someone should pay me for this ;)

      Delete
  6. Sounds like so much fun! Your photos really make me miss summer and all the music festivals (and the ice cream), haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking picnic girls ;)
    -bigsigh- I reallyreallyreally
    want to eat N2 Gelato Ice
    Cream! Watermelon and
    cake sounds unusual but
    you know me, I'm a food
    adventurous and will try
    it out for sure c: Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you would, maybe you should make a watermelon + strawberry cake at home!

      Delete
  8. "The tastiest nuts ever bro!" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh that ice cream looks nice! Funnily enough I wasn't even aware of this event until like yesterday, but I think there'll be more people now that the word's out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks awesome! And that picnic bar looks amazing. Weird that nobody went to the festival though :( I'd be there with bells on!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is that a giant sign saying "Squeezing Your Face" in the background? because if it is, then that's amazing haha. Strawberry and watermelon sounds fab, you should give it a go (and report back!)

    Megan || www.ohheyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does indeed, and I have no idea why! Okayyy I guess I'll try it sometime.

      Delete
  12. I was so HMM about watermelon in cream but then I made the cake and it is SO delish! Really cool and refreshing the cake tastes amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That ice cream sounds epic. Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my gosh. i can't get enough that grass! so green and neat! i can't wait for warm sunny sundays like this! it's the first day of spring here but we woke up to snow! oy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't wait for summer to arrive so that I can also be outdoors and enjoy such delicious ice creams!

    www.LUXESSED.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hopefully N2 lives up to its hype. I'm going tonight mainly because A&JS are performing haha. Damn it looks so quiet and peaceful when you went!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so cute! All the best food is messy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. ahh, i'm so sad i didn't make it down to try the messina chocolate bars, though i don't even know which one i would have picked once i got there. the picnic one looked amazing!

    jessica - littlehenrylee.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I'll make sure to check out your blog. If you've asked a question, hit "subscribe by email" below or check back for my reply.



Follow Deluminators on Blogger or Bloglovin'.